Tuesday, March 15, 2016

"Dare to be Ourselves"

Martes 1 de Marzo
"Behold all ye that kindle fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks, walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks which ye have kindled¨  2 Nephi 7:11, Isaiah 50:11
My companion taught the english class in our meeting today and the game we played was so hard my team lost and I'm the only gringo here.
Calling to verify appointments today we had several people tell us, no don’t worry about it, this is your number right? we'll call you. Nobody who's said that to me has ever called :(
I made the most delicious grilled pepper jack cheese turkey avocado sandwiches in the world and we ate them with papaya #culinarygenius
we are so dead and sore from the gym I just want to sleep so I think I will

Miércoles 2 de marzo
"Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee and hath had compassion on thee.”  Mark 5:19 
Today coincidentally ended up being leg day and also the day we went to go visit Alejandra in Campo Hervir, we almost died hiking up the mountainside buttttt before that we found a house that sells corn tortillas, not tortillas made with maseca (it's big difference for me and I was very excited).
We bought some and were all ready to go make lunch when Hermana Castillo calls and invites us for lunch! We got a little lost but in the end we got there and they fed us fried fish, fried platano slices, and salad and omg the most HEAVENLY pineapple juice.
We're sitting there eating and talking and the hermana tells me about how her nieta is serving in California on her mission and I'm like how nice California is huge but I ask in what part and she says she doesn’t remember but goes on to say she was a gymnast. And I was like okay nooooooo way.
Because I didn't talk to many missionaries while I was home but I did talk to one girl who said she had family in Tela and turns out I know hermana Castillos grand daughter!
neat, right? Well anyway, this lady is just so nice and even gave us a bag with apples and juice and cookies (I have shamefully eaten almost all of said cookies)

Jueves 3 de marzo 
I wanted to sleep all day I was so tired. so tired.
Dardón is getting tired of hearing about how much I dislike planning and Thursdays. I'm like a missionary version of Garfield that hates Thursdays and only sleeps and eats baleadas.

Here in Tela we have a sizeable homeless population. It's sad, we also have a lot of bolos, drunks, that we see a lot because well, they're always in the street and we always happen to be in the street. }Today we walked by one that was having a very serious discussion with a dog sitting on the side of the road, asking the dog why he moved to the United States without telling him first. The dog looked him dead in the eyes and said nothing #heartless

Viernes 4 de marzo
Mark 8:24 but they lost the “Ent" wives
Today my comp got bitten by a stray dog, our phone got wet and started malfunctioning, but it was barely a nip so she's fine and I put the phone in rice and its all good.












Sabado 5 de marzo
"Let's dare to be ourselves, for we do that better than anyone else can" Shirley Briggs
We went to the clinic to see if hna Dardón needed any vaccinations for her dog bite but they said that since she has her tetanus shot, she's fine. #makesnosense 
We only ended up with 4 lessons today and we ran out of text messages and we got caught in the rain without umbrellas.

Domingo 6 de marzo:
dyc 84:47 "y todo aquel que escucha la voz del Espíritu, viene a Dios, sí, el Padre"
So we got a new investigator today and his name is Jesús de Nazaret. I know. I snorted/laughed when he told me and felt super bad afterwards and asked for forgiveness a ton a ton. 

Lunes 7 de marzo:
Pdayyyyyy we started off with very little time in the gym and then we ran over to
Hotel Maya Vista to have breakfast with president and his wife. The other sister missionaries came too, but a half an hour late....
But it was really nice of them to invite us to breakfast. Dardón and I shared an order of crepes and an omelete, not as good as my mom's #baggy
After that, President drove us to Telamar and we went to Pelican Resort and we all made sand castles! Well my companion and I actually just made a creepy face in the sand.

For lunch we got to try this ceviche made with clams (almejas) not clam chowder from the splash but I'll take it.


Nice Photo Hermana!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment