Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Tortilla Inflated!

Viernes 8 de Julio:
My companion asked a lady that we contacted today if she was pregnant.
she wasn’t.

Sábado 9 de Julio:
Some members fed us dinner! and one of the daughters wanted to practice her english with me and every few minutes she would ask, "how do you hear my english?" and i was like uh.... with ma ears? but what she really wanted to say was how does my english sound.

Domingo 10 de Julio:
When explaining the doctrine of baptism for the dead in church today, the teacher said that we're "lending" our bodies to our ancestors. That sounds weird.

We had 7 investigators in church today! Rosa came with her daughters even though she was going to have people coming over to visit. she said, "they can come visit but they have to wait until I come back from church"

And Marta found us in the hallway and asked for help filling out a tithing slip. She is so amazing to me. She has next to nothing. She isn’t even baptized yet! But I think she loves the lord and she understands that she needs blessings.

Lunes 11 de Julio:
So today we were supposed to get to Progreso (three hours away) by 8:30 to go to this cool park called Zizima where we were going to rock climb and stuff.
 so I called the taxi the night before so he would come and take us to the bus stop by 4:40
But the thing is that I was up so late getting everything ready that I didn’t hear the alarm in the morning! We didn’t wake up until 6:00 and by then I had like 30 missed calls from Elder Lucero because he was the one that invited us since we had to go through there on the way to San Pedro. 
I felt so bad!
We went to Progresso anyway, just late. But it was still a really good day just not exactly what we had planned.
The good thing is that I get along great with my comp so even when things don’t work out, we don’t stress.

Martes 12 de Julio:
We met an Israeli mind reader, missed the bus, and had one of the most spiritual lessons of my life and afterwards one of the biggest baleadas of my life i fell in love.

Miercoles 13 de Julio:
We got back to our area at 9:30 am took a quick shower (in our respective bathrooms) and then straight to some lessons but afterwards we were so tired I thought we would take a nap for an hour since we woke up at 5:00 but 4 hours later we wake up and there were 39 missed calls from Hna Rojas, Elder Lucero, and my district leader. they thought we had died. I felt awful. But dang I have not taken such a mega nap in 4 ever




Jueves 14 de Julio:
"And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the Lord; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity." Leviticus 5:17
"se que las palabras de verdad son duras contra toda impureza; mas los justos no las temen, porque aman a la verdad y son constantes." 2 Nefi 9:40
"I know that the words of truth are hard against all uncleanness; but the righteous fear them not, for they love the truth and are not shaken." 2 Nephi 9:40
12:25 pm Okay so we were making tortillas in the house and my tortilla INFLATED! like idk how to describe how excited I am about this like I can’t explain it. 
The tortilla inflated! 
A tortilla that I made! 
Yeah this isn’t making sense but yeah. 
it was exciting, we hugged, we screamed, we cried, we ate tortillas.
Viernes 15 de Julio:
So I just had my last interview. 
President told me he wasn’t going to have enough time later to interview me when I’m finishing up in a few weeks. 
So that was unexpected.
But he seems to have a lot of confidence in me and in my ability to make good decisions.

In the evening we had a lesson with Marta and we talked about temples and how people can receive saving ordinances after they're dead. She looked up and said "does that mean that someone can help my son?" and I told her "yes"
I don’t know if I've mentioned this before but Marta heard the shots when they killed her son, she was out in the street, homeless, and her son was only 21 years old.


Sabado 16 de Julio:
Marta got baptized today! }It was so stressful though and I felt like nobody wanted to help us.
But in the last minute everything fell into place.
Afterwards Marta shared her testimony. Six years living in the street, being spit upon, kicked, and walked over. Losing herself in alcohol and hard drugs, losing her 21 year old son to gang violence.
I don’t think there were many dry eyes in that small classroom where we held the baptism. 
She even said that she admires herself, she should. She fell so hard and I'm so happy that I could be there when she wanted God's help to get back up.

Domingo 17 de Julio:
Marta got confirmed a member of the church today! I am so grateful for an amazing relief society president that is putting forth such an effort to make her feel welcome.

Oh! in the evening we were out doing lessons and we were sad because we didn't have dinner and we knew that we had no food in the house either.

But! When we visited Leticia the saintly woman gives us two baleadas each and now I know that God loves me 

No comments:

Post a Comment