Tuesday, June 14, 2016

"Obedience Precedes Revelation"




Jueves 2 de Junio
Okay so I didn’t know that Moses fasted 40 days and 40 nights too. That's like a whole transfer! 

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow"

Viernes 3 de Junio 2016:
"For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole" Matthew 9:21
"Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen...Wherefore, go to, they faith hath made thee whole." Enos 1:(

makes you think about what being "whole" means, doesn’t it? 

We met this amazingly sweet lady contacting but she's going on vacation Monday and coming back in August -_- 

Sàbado 4 de Junio:
I’m eating pizza for breakfast and a chocolate banana smoothie. But! It's a relatively small slice, and the smoothie has no sugar added since I have pure cocoa powder, and we went for a jog this morning! actually we literally only jogged for 10 min and then walked back on the beach which took like 20 min because it's so rocky.

"sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something" Elder Lucero

Neftali, our investigator, told me that I’m like a sleeping tiger. interpret it how you will.
He is very catholic but he told all his catholic friends that they should let us in their house because we talk about God, not Joseph Smith like they thought. So that was nice.

Domingo 5 de Junio:
Sundays are SO depressing. I cannot get over how disappointing they are. Everyone says they're going to come and then...................they don’t.

"If you want a thing bad enough
go out and fight for it,
work day and night for it,
give up your peace, and your sleep and your time for it."

Lunes 6 de Junio:
We went to tela and Gabby made us a late breakfast of tajadas, beans, queso, mantequilla and hot chocolate (even though it was already starting to get really hot outside) made with cow's milk. It was all so good I miss eating in peoples houses :( 
Afterwards we went to Progreso and I got to see my friend Elder Lucero! I didn’t even want to write home we just spent the whole time talking about music. He said I should try playing trumpet. I said not on your life.

Martes 7 de Junio
I forgot about Elder Gozart's birthday I am the worst friend in the WORLD but it was fun to run around with Crosgrove and Gozart in the multizone conference. And of course it was very espiritual. 

Miercoles 8 de Junio:
"obedience precedes Revelation and Revelation precedes knowledge and truth. After truth then light follows. And light is the savior. 

"you cannot force spiritual things...you can no more force the spirit to respond than you can force a bean to sprout, or an egg to hatch before its time. YOU can create a climate to foster growth, nourish, and protect: but you cannot force or compel: you must await the growth".
 Boyd K Packer.

I’m still a few days behind, but here it is!  I love you mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment