Thursday, June 2, 2016

What Good Would That Do YOU?





Sábado 21 de Mayo:
"Without the Holy Ghost, we are like a person walking slowly home in the dark with only a flashlight as a guide. When we accept the gospel of Jesus Christ and are baptized, we are offered a floodlight and a guide who knows the way. Now we can walk faster and see our way during our homeward journey." Larry R. Lawrence

I feel my cold coming back and all I want to do is sleep.
Being in a trio is tiring me out I think. 

"If you expect spiritual promptings, they will come. If you act on them, you will receive more. If the Holy Ghost asks you to do something that is difficult...and you listen and obey the prompting, you will experience a spurt of spiritual growth and a big infusion of light." 

Domingo 22 de Mayo:
When I had 6 months left in the mission, I set a goal to read the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and the New Testament one more time. And today I finished the last one which was the New Testament!
I feel like I should give the old testament some attention too but I just……don't really feel like it.

So this was our first whole week as a trio. It's honestly not my fav. I kind of feel like they freeze me out a little? But I mean, it's not all that bad. At least they can do their latina chatter in the street and I can walk in peace and quiet. 
I’ve learned as well that even if you hypothetically had to do all the decisions and all the work in a companionship (which will never really happen) it would still not be too much for the Lord to ask of you. That applies to everyone.

Lunes 23 de Mayo:
"However many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don't have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have NOT traveled beyond the reach of divine love.
it is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ's Atonement shines." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

We spent the morning and afternoon shopping, we ended up at the mall and I put on some high heels in payless and almost felt like my old self again.

A guy in the street started singing to me and called me "amorcita norteña"


Martes 24 de Mayo:
Elder Lucero sent me a talk from a mission president that I looooooooved. Here's just a part of it
"I know where each of the elect in your area resides. I know their names. I could send you to those addresses only, and save you the time and sacrifice looking for them. BUT HERMANA NELSON, WHAT GOOD WOULD THAT SERVE YOU? The mission experience is to do what you are told, when you are told, to go where you are asked, and know that the blessing comes from enduring what I ask of you.

This is not about you; it is about opening your mouth at all times in all places. Doing my will without thought to the end result or consequence...this is what serving a mission is."

No comments:

Post a Comment