Thursday, May 26, 2016

"And after this we'll all go to Heaven, and that'll be better"

Jueves 12 de mayo:
just: "believe in yourself"
Heather Haight called me an hour before she was supposed to go to the airport. 
I got surprised when she started being all sweet and sentimental and I wanted to say nice things back but I'm really awk with that kind of stuff. 
But I really do miss her a lot. The whole time I've been in Honduras, even though I didn't see her that many times, I always knew she was there.

Elder Sandoval called me in the evening to see how I was holding up, I guess it was pretty emotional in the airport when he and the other secretaries dropped her off. 
Yumari (a young lady in the ward) stayed in the house with me most of the day and I got to rest because fr fr I had a fever which I feel like is doubly worse here where it's already like the whole country has a fever #faltacowbell 

But I went on one appointment with Cruz, he's the best. but then I had to go rest.







Viernes 13 de mayo:
"todo pecado se debe pagar, y sea por nosotros mismos, o por Cristo"

In the morning we visited Delsy and she was super sick so we charlared for a bit and then cleaned up her kitchen because it was a mess.
But I really just wanted to clean the whole house. I think she’s a bit of a hoarder.... just a bit.

Church Cultural Night. Very interesting..
Elder Adam's ward did a play that reminded me of being in high school, and Hermana Rojas was there recording it all like a proud mom on her samsung galaxy. 

It was basically like a talent show, but most of the acts were dancing acts. But duuuuuuuuuude some of these Hondurans have hips, especially this one little black girl, she was killin it.

Oh and in one of the acts they played cotton-eye joe and danced like "Americans"  and dressed up as pioneers and Elder Irlenborn and Adams got up and danced and I was so embarrassed for my culture but did I turn red or was it just ma sunburn? #theworldmayneverknow

Sábado 14 de mayo:
"Por lo cual te aconsejo que avives el fuego del don de Dios que está en ti por la imposisión de manos.
Porque no nos ha dado Dios espíritu de cobardía, sino de poder, de amor, y de dominio propio." 
2 timothy 1:6-7 }
Translation:
6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may ALSO obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory #majorglory 2 tim 2:10




"Procura con diligencia presentarte ante Dios aprobado, como obrero que no tiene de que avergonzarse, que expone bien la palabra de verdad." 2 tim 2:15
Translation: 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 

I lost my planner my life is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I feel so lost.
I can't even imagine how my planner feels.

We went to a BBQ for a girl with back problems or something like that. It was a fundraiser. So we get there, pick up the food and we're at the park by the beach so I thought we were going to eat there at the park...like a picnic...but my companions didn't want to like I was trying to be social and nice and they were like no. So yeah.
have I mentioned that I'm in a trio now??? Im in a trio. 
It's.....different. 

 So anyway I was annoyed so I called Elder Lucero and he and E. Kelly sang me the song he wrote which helped, and then he told me I need to stop being sassy and realize that the person that's going to learn the most from this, the person who's going to grow the most, is me. 
And it's true. So we went back to the house and ate lunch and I was nice and making them laugh and stuff again.

Domingo 15 de Mayo:
"But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

So Braulio was the only investigator in our gospel principles class #fail 
I feel like we're hitting a bit of a rough patch in our area to be honest.

Lunes 16 de Mayo:
We did nothing today but it's chill. We went and got Pizza Hut but nobody ordered pizza, but it was awesome because by the time I got my lasagna bites, everyone else was already done eating.
I ordered the exact same thing that Rojas did but mine came like 20 min later....
Pizza Hut is like a sit down restaurant with waiters here btw.

Martes 17 de Mayo:
Zone meeting. so uh. I was all nervous about the capacitación that I was going to give and I had it all planned out but we ended up not having a lot of time so I cut it short. But I think it went well! I talked about how we should focus on teaching people, not just teaching lessons.

Elder Gillins also informed me that we have 78 days left in the mission hahah.

We contacted this lady in the afternoon that used to be in the military and she was super cool and gave us cupcakes! 
We also set a baptismal date with Leticia and Ezequiel, they just need to get married first! 

Miércoles 18 de Mayo:
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen , ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not; yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: : Reviving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:7-9

I love contacting because you have the funniest experiences. Like we knocked on this one door and then I looked up and I see a sign smack dab in the center of their door that says "In the name of God we ask to not be bothered in our faith" #oops 
So after waiting a little bit I took a picture and ran away.

Jueves 19 de Mayo:
"and some have compassion, making a difference" Jude 1:22

"And when I saw him,
I fell at his feet as dead.
And he laid his right hand upon me,
saying unto me,
Fear not;
I am the first and the last"
 Revelation 1:17

Topos de coco con leche condensada! 
We had 3 appointments with different cynthias planned for today and 2 fell through :/

"And after this we'll all go to Heaven, and that'll be better" Elder Gozart 

Viernes 20 de Mayo:
20 de mayo 2015 a 20 de mayo 2016 day whaaaat! I just finished filling the journal I bought a year ago. This is probably the most accurately recorded year of my life.
This is my time hop.
elder Goszart asked me last night if I was going to let my family read it, but I told him that with my blog, they pretty much already have.. well... those who've taken the time to read it ;)

"Por tanto has guardad la palabra de mi paciencia, yo también te guardaré de la hora de la tentacion"  Apocalipsis 3 :10 
translation: 
Revelation 3:10
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment