Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Celebrate What Is!

Martes 3 de Mayo
"If you want lady luck in your life, open a door for her to enter"

Miércoles 4 de Mayo:
"If we live in the spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Galations 5:25
We visited with Delsy and she has so much to deal with in her house with her teenage daughter and her young son and her husband that's never home. She told us, "I'm tired of fighting so now...I just don't"
I told her that the Lord prompted us to knock on her door for a reason, and if she wants things to start changing, she needs to listen to us and do what the Lord instructs her to do from here on out.
Sometimes I think of the commitments that we extend as the instructions that Elisha gave to Naaman in the Old Testament. Elisha told him to dunk himself in the water 7 times and he would be healed. 
They don't understand how reading a book or praying or going to a church is going to help them, but if they just trusted and got into the water, and if they dont give up even when they don't see results on the 5th or 6th dunk, they can be healed. They can be helped. 

Jueves 5 de Mayo:
Santo: sagrado, de carácter divino, o puro moral y espiritualmente. Lo contrario a lo santo es lo común o lo profano.
Translation: Holy, holy, divine nature, or morally and spiritually pure. The opposite of holy is common or profane.

"Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand" 
2 Corinthians 1:24

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair" 2 Corinthians 4:8

"There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from." Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

12 more weekly planning sessions to go!

Viernes 7 de Mayo:
"De modo que si alguno está en cristo, nueva criatura es; las cosas viejas pasaron; he aquí todos son hechas nuevas." 2 Corinthians 5:17
Translation: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold all things have become new"

"Fallings part of the game. It's like my dad always says 'no matter how good you are, the ice is still slippery.'"
Michelle Kwan

I never understood what "love unfeigned" meant until..spanish "amor no fingido" fingido is like imaginary or fake, made up. I always thought it meant unconditional love or something. But it's not. 

A drunk American contacted us today. He was so sad. But he said we were angels and that we could help him. 
He also wanted us to pass by for him to go to church but we were (mostly my companion) like uhh you know where it is, you can find your way there.







Sábado 7 de Mayo

"Joyful people live their lives finding ways to celebrate what is and not what could have been" Jane Jayroe

We only had 7 lessons today idk what's happening.
Oh and it was so embarrassing. I realized as soon as we sat down with Carlos Baraona that we had asked Hno Ayala to come to the lesson with us but I'd forgotten to call.
So we decided there was nothing we could do (my comp was like what do you mean, like didn't even react when I told her you know??)
but after the closing prayer he shows up!
So I asked him to share his testimony and it was actually really beautiful.

Domingo 8 de mayo:
"Can ye be angry, and not sin? Let not the sun go down on your wrath" Ephesians 4:26

Okay so like NONE of the people we invited came to church today, maybe bc it was mother's day. But I taght the gospel principles class and we talked about the sacrament. This one guy vsisited and was like in the middle of the class "I'm so sorry for interrupting but what do I have to do to be baptized?? those are the kind of questions I like to hear :)

The biannual Legion of doom conference went well. very well.

Lunes 9 de Mayo

"you can't change that which you can't accept"

We went to Utila! President and hna Klein surprised us by coming, and it was good that they did because they showed us one of the coolest spots on the island "The Jade Seahorse"
Basically, Utila is full of a ton of artsy hippie ppl that have wayyyy too much time on their hands between deep sea dives and hula hoop dancing on the beach. It kind of reminded me of the community in Yosemite. 
But i really want to take Elise and Melissa to see the jade seahorse. it's so cool! I cant even describe it! 
We were in never never land basically

Martes 10 de mayo:
I have another "crying too much" headache. I had to say goodbye to Heather Haight after spending my whole mission with her being always just a phone call or silly text away.

She said she couldn't have done it without me and I told her I didnt know if I could do it without her. Then on the bus it was like the saddest line up of songs ever. 
I havent heard that song "Lonely Day" by System of a Down in FOREVER and it was playing on the bus. followed by some Coldplay and some Aril Lavigne.
I'm so glad I had hna Rojas with me because she just patted me on the head while I cried and cried and cried on her shoulder in the bus. 

Miércoles 11 de mayo:
A man passed by and gave us free topogigios in the morning and that's how we started off my companions birthday! 
well actually, we started off with some bomb pancakes by yours truly and I gave her that polka dot apron because she is learning to cook and I haven't used it yet so I thought it would be a nice gift, thanks mom!

We contacted in Los Maestros and this lady told us no because they're "christians"... I tried to explain how we're christians too but they had the TV going and a very yappy dog. But she said that she already understood what we preach, but she's christian. And as we were walking away she said about her obnoxious dog "he's christian too, that's why he's barking so much" Exuuuuse me? If you were reallllly "Christian" then you would know that being rude is not a "christ-like" attribute. But neither is getting offended so I guess I'll just get over it hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment