Friday, May 6, 2016

Patience is a skill, perseverance an art

Martes 19 de Abril 2016
"Just...Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior."

"Trust Him that He will make of you immeasurably more, than you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge."

"Listening requires the use of our hearts as well as our ears" 

"y al que no endurece su corazòn le es dada la mayor parte de la palabra, hasta que le es consedid conocer los misterios de Dios al grado de conocerlos por completo." Alma 12:10

"And if men come unto me I will show them their weaknesses." Ether 12:27
Do we sometimes resist drawing near unto Christ because we don't want to see all of our weaknesses? I feel like sometimes maybe I do. His light is so bright it illuminates all imperfections. But that's what we need. We cannot overcome a weakness and keep it hidden at the same time. It does not work that way.

So we're chilling in a lesson today and this old lady just barges in and is like buenas noches then comes further in the house to talk to Daisy who was cooking in the kitchen and basically starts shouting "Usted ya no quiere la virgen!  ya cree en otra virgen!" and then goes on and on. 
Like basically she was a concerned neighbor coming by to see if it was really true that Daisy doesn't
believe in the Virgin Mary. Daisy calmly told her that she still believed in the virgin and the old lady left....what...

A different old lady asked us: "do que viene el estres? usteded que lean tanta la biblia" Idk where in the bible it explains the causes of stress...

Tonight I made smoothies with our new blender! pb and banana :) #licuados4life

Mièrcoles 20 de Abril:
"you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this we call `failure` is not a falling down, but staying down"

"Què, pues, diremos? continuáramos en el pecado para que abunde la gracia? De ninguna manera! 
Porque los que hemos muerto al pecado, como viviremos aùn en èl?" Romanos 6:1-2

Today while we were contacting a pigeon crapped on my forehead #laungida but the lady felt bad for me so she let us in and we were able to have a lesson and let me wash the bird poop off of my face and hands. 
Then we go and visit Lixa, she says she's going to break up with her bf so that's good, but she was frying fish, we left the lesson smelling/reeking of fish. 
We got to the ward activity and Hna Marlen spilled banana soda all over my backpack and my skirt
#birdpoopfishbananasodacombo

I finished the day talking to Hermana Haight on the phone for an hour and a half even though I intended to talk to her for like 10 minutes to tell her about the pigeon because I knew she would get a laugh out of that :p
I'm going to miss her when she's gone :(

Jueves 21 de Abril:
"Patience is a skill, perseverance an art"

We contacted a house today, like we do almost every day. But this time I had an ulterior motive: 
Pet all the doggies. They had 5 and 3 had the prettiest blue eyes and two were huskies! 
Actually, one of them was a husky rottweiler mix and he was so huge and so fluffy I wanted to dieeeee

Viernes 22 de Abril:
And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demostration of the Spirit and of power:   That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God" 
Corinthians 2:3-5

This lady told us today that her husband works at pipsahut. pipsahut. pipsa. peeeepsa.

he works at PIZZAHUT

Sàbado 23 de Abril:
"A sense of humor, like a true friend, sees you through bad times"
So we contacted this lady
 "Hola! Im hermana Nelson!"
 "And I'm Hermana Rojas"
"I'm catholic"
"Awesome! Do you have a name, catholic?"
okay so maybe im a little sassy.
Later on she says "There's only two religions that I do not like: the mormons and the JW's"
"Hna, we're mormons"
she basically ignores me and says
"Because the mormons don't respect marriage, they have 3 or 4 wives.
And the JWs don't even believe in God...they just believe in that Joseph Smith guy!"
oh. ok. right. makes sense.

Domingo 24 de Abril:
"The richness of the human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome" Hellen Keller

Today in sacrament meeting I decided to play some prelude music I kind of suck but oh well.
And then I ended up directing the music in the meeting.

I just wanted sunday to be over tbh because it was getting in the way of me seeing Hna Haight tomorrow hahah.
All the Sisters!!
Lunes 25 de Abril:
"Sometimes the most forceful statement you can make is to remain silent."
We woke up at 4:30 today, I went to sleep at like 12 last night because I needed to finish the atalaya I remodeled 4 Haight. 
So we traveled to Tela for a different pday of just the sister missonaries and basically I got special permission to go there so that I could see Hermana Haight before she leaves. 

So we finally get to Tela and my old neighbors there told me how much they missed me when I saw them so that was sweet :) 

"The more we serve our fellow men in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls. 
We become substantive as we serve others --- indeed, it is easier to "find ourselves" because there is so much more of us to find" D Todd Christofferson.



No comments:

Post a Comment