Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"Your World is in Your Head"

Lunes 11 de Abril
"Dont strive to be better than others, strive to be your best self."
Today was a pretty dumb pdayyy. I let a mexican take my money, had chicken fries at BK, and bought some more knock-off raybans because mine broke. 

Martes 12
"No temas, sino habla y no calles, porque yo estoy contigo, y ninguno te podrá hacer mal, porque yo tengo mucho pueplo en esta ciudad." Hechos 18:9-10
"being busy doesn't necessarily mean you are being productive"
We went to a zone meeting and it was alright. I have a new "son" though! he's a chicano from Arizona.
But the day was not the best tbh, we left the house late and Victor macheted us for being late, Walter wasn't home, the guy we contacted wouldn't let us leave he talked so much, we showed up half an hour late for our appointment with Hortensia and her brother told us that she left because we didnt show up.
I think we might have missed our chance.
Lixa told us later that she wanted to get baptized the 30th. So we'll see how that goes.

Miércoles 13 de Abril:
"do you understand that if you are not doing what the Lord would have you do, you cannot believe in yourself; you cannot believe that you are worthy to recieve God's help and guidance in your life?"
"you may permit the Lord to change your nature if you give yourself to HIm and to His work. He cannot work on what he does not have, and He cannot have you, unless you give yourself to Him."

At lunch today the mountain of rice had little pieces of carrot in it so that was exciting.

We went to the sister training leader's house and I did divisions with my old companion and she told me that Byron and Isis from my area in La Paz got baptized last October!!!!!!!!!
I still remember the day that we contacted him like it was just last week. I still remember that last lesson that we had with them right before I was sent home like it was just yesterday. He said he wanted an eternal family and that the only way was through this gospel. Ahhhhh I want to go see them so bad! 

We went to a ward activity in las Acacias and I spent basically the whole time white girl talking with a returned missionary that served in Phoenix. She is so cute. We talked about how we missed spinach and Sonic. 

Jueves 14:
"Your world is in your head: Get your head right and heart will follow, and you will be right"
"Some of us have great runways already built for us. If you have one, take off! But if you don't have one, realize it is your responisibility to grab a shovel! Build one for yourself, and all those who will follow you." Amelia Earhart

Viernes 15:
"A great swimmer once said when asked his secret of success:'I kick when I don't want to kick, and I stroke when I don't want to stroke'"

Sábado 16: 
"If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord the God with supplication, that your souls may be joyful" D&C 136:19
I just finished reading all of the Doctrine and Covenants for the first time in my life isn't that embarrassing.
Valeria's baptism was today! And everything turned out okay! 

Domingo 17:
So the bishop calls us at 8:30 and asks us if we can talk in sacrament meeting. Just us two. And he also asked us not to tell anyone that he called us 30 min before church to asign us to talk. 
So we came in clutch for him.
And the chorister wasn't there so I ended up directing all of the music. So it was like the Sister Nelson show.
But it was really cool because someone came up to me afterwards and thanked me for encouraging the members to do missionary work and then asked for our number so that we could go visit his wife who isn't a member! yas!
Lunes 18:
We had a special Pday of sister missionaries and it was cute. I always love seeing President and Hermana Klein even though I feel bad for them because nobody can pronounce their name right. and I got to see my old companion which made me sooooooo happy. Also we went to walmart, it smells the same in honduras as it does in the states I swear it was so weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment