Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dear John


Martes 26 de Abril:
We spent all day in San Pedro Sula but this time all the people in the office are my friends so it was pretty fun.

Mièrcoles 27 de Abril:
I've never taken so many buses and taxis in my whole life than I have in these past 3 days.
We went to go pick up some x-ray results for my companion (her knee and hip hurt really bad so please keep her in your prayers!)
Dear John was playing in the waiting room.
We hung out in the mission office a lot too.
E. Rosales showed me how to enter baptismal records on the computer and put me to work as a secretary haha.





Jueves 28 de Abril 2016
Regarding the original 12 apostles: "Before their selection as apostles they had all become close disciples of the Lord; they believed in Him...and yet it is doubtful that any of them fully understood the real significance of the Savior's work." 

note: I love the chapter headings of the Song of Solomon.
It's just like...I'm so done with this garbage. "he sings of love and devotion" 
"Beloved ones are praised and described"
"A song describing the beauty of his beloved"
"Their song of love and affection continues" 
"They still sing of love"
Their song of love continues......"

Today I made a pun in spanish! 
Okay it was that funny or exciting but we were buying topogigios and they were "de mora" so I said "Yo quiero uno de mora, pero no demore" and my comp laughed #punfun
We went to this park by the beach and had a little lesson with Cynthia. 
Cynthia was baptized in the church when she was 8. But since then, her parents have stopped attending and now they go to the Catholic church.
Recently Cynthia has started coming back to church and I admire how much she wants to learn
she told us, "I want to be able to have the confidence that you have, to be able to say ' I know that this is the truth' She had so many good questions and took notes, it was so nice :) 

Viernes 29 de Abril
Avocado topogigios! peel the avocaaaado 
Today didn't turn out as great as I thought it would. We had a lesson with Nisa and she is just SO nice its confusing like I still can't figure out if she's for real.

Sabado 30 de Abril
Heppeh burfdai Nikolai!

"No man speaking by the spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed; and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit"
1Cor 12:3

"Antes bien, los miembros del cuerpo que parecen más débiles son los más necesarios" 1 Corinthians 12:12

The baptism started an hour late but it started! The most important thing is that it happened, right? Lixa is so cute and I'm so proud of her for taking this important step in changing her life.



Domingo 1 de Mayo
Sassy fast sunday

"El Padre eterno del cielo conoce nuestro estado; y él obra con vosotros de acuerdo con su justicia y misericordia." Mormon 6
Translation: The eternal Father in heaven knows our state; and he doeth with you according to his justice and mercy.

We got to church super early so I played the prelude music again, I like practicing even though it's frustrating because I feel like I should be better but..like..I'm not.
Carlos came to church and brought a friend! 
But he had to leave early.
Church tbh is depressing sometimes because I hope that so many people that we've invited are going to come and they don't and then you're stuck there for 3 more hours thinking about how they didn't come and there's no snacks and it's tiring. 

For lunch, my comp made Papa la Huancaína and it is actually pretty simple and very tasty, remind me to make it when I get home! 

Lunes 2 de mayo


We on da bus #buslyfe




No comments:

Post a Comment