Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hot Tamale Train!

I love my district so so so so much, we are a family. I´ve only known these kids for 14 days and I can sincerely say that I love every single one of them. We spend all day together in class struggling with Español and then choose to sit together at meals just because we enjoy each other´s company. Everyone comments on how close we are and how much we´ve improved together. There´s also been comments on how loud we get though, but to be fair, we get a lot of studying done between bouts of highly competitive pictionary and hacky sack.
       Last week, right after I finished emailing, I was talking to Elder Mckee from my district (there´s only ocho of us total) and he asked me what kind of car I had at home. I told him I had an old Volkswagen and I told me he had a ´73 bug. I was like alright sweet that´s cool we´re both bug lovers. But he´s from Vegas and I usually don´t usually play that ¨Do you know....?¨ game but I was like what the heck so I told him my uncle owns a Volkswagen shop in kind of Northern Las Vegas and it used to be owned by my grandpa. So Mckee asked what it was called, I said the BeetleBarn and he was like DOES YOUR GRANDPA LIVE JUST DOWN THE STREET? AND I WAS LIKE YES HE TOTALLY DOES. And that´s when he asks me if my grandpa MAKES BUCKETS and I just about died. So apparently little Elder Mckee has been going down to the Beetle Barn for years and he´s met Uncle Justin and he´s actually been inside and around my grandparents house like six times and he has been in grandpas bucket room in all its glory. So the plan is that he´s going to pick me up from my grandparent´s house in December and we´re going to drive up to Elder Gline´s wedding in St. George together because I´m pretty sure that as a district, we´re going to be besties forever. 
     This morning at 8 we got to go to the Mexico City Temple, which was gorgeous and in the middle of craziness so it kind of reminded me of LA. The temple is closed right now, but we got to go to the visitor center and take pictures so it was a good morning. Also I´ve had two different types of tamales here in Mexico and my favorite wasn´t wrapped in a corn husk, it looked like it was wrapped in banana leaves or something, but it was absolutely delicious. Life in the CCM is fantastic, it´s a little monotonous, but I love it and we all kind of dread going to Honduras because it´s so nice in our little mexican embassy. We play volleyball almost every day so most of the time I´m in heaven. My district has gotten really good, and the one person who isn´t too hot is so nice she agrees to play every time we ask. Which is awesome because her Companion played club and she always sets me. I hope we can play today but I think our Elders have committed to a game of cage soccer so we´ll see if we have time between that and doing laundry. Oh and this week I got to hear spanish in a Maori accent because one of the elders leaving the CCM was from New Zealand #voiceofanangel. Sorry I didn´t take 
The Tie
notes with me to the computer lab so that I could remember what to write! I´m pretty sure I´m giving a talk next sunday since every other Hermana in my district gave one last sunday. I´m excited though, I love speaking in Spanish. Also, our branch presidency is so nice, even though we get a little crazy sometimes. Like the other day, they walked into the room and the Hermanas were all studying but the Elders were off running around the campus pointing at things and saying the spanish word, which they call ¨studying,´ so the branch president wasn´t too happy. He checked on us again later and the Elders were actually in the classroom, but they were looking at all the ties they brought to trade for tie day friday (all the elders get together and trade ties exciting I know) and I learned how to tie my first tie! And then Elder Mckee taught me how to tie this really cool knot. Don´t worry, I took a picture! Other than that, pretty normal week, study study study until my brain feels like pudding. I love it though, I love learning spanish and I love this gospel! I was studying yesterday in TALL, which is a program we use to help us learn spanish that's relevant to our lessons, and I listened to the Halo reach soundtrack the whole time, most epic studying of my life. I think I´m going to try and steal some of the music of that computer, there was some Vocal Point songs that were on point. Anyway, until next thursday, lots of amor and kisses from your fav Hermana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment