Friday, November 28, 2014

El Dia del Pavo!

Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving! 

We got to listen to a live devotional where David A. Bednar spoke and it was mostly a Q&A where people were given phones and they texted their questions to his iPad. He and his wife are so cute. And I felt so thankful to be in the CCM during thanksgiving and other devotionals because it is especially for us. As far as I know, they are rarely recorded and we aren´t allowed to record them personally and send them home. Which is a shame because all they things they say are so amazing. I also feel like they can be more real with us because they aren´t as worried about hurting people's feelings. 

We actually had a pretty good thanksgiving lunch, the turkey was a little pink but the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie were on point. 
I really missed my momma's cooking though, it's been two years in a row now!  

The rest of the day we just tried to play volleyball but there are too many people here and it was really frustrating because we had to sub in and play for the court a couple of times and we switched courts like four times looking for a good game. Over the course of the day I got some good kills and some good serves so it was okay and I got to play with Elder Stephens before he leaves to Ecuador on Monday.

I'm auditioning to sing during the last sunday devotional so pray for me! I think I´m singing Jesus Once of Humble birth in Spanish with Elder Ngungtau and Elder Ames so hopefully it'll be good. 
We only have one more full week in the CCM and I don´t feel ready for Honduras at all but it's whatever because I got Jesus and I'll have a trainer and I'll probably buy a machete.
Besos!
Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment