Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Jalapeños Pizza!

This week was the week that I put jalapeños on pizza and nearly killed 3 Hondurans, 2 Americans, and 1 Colombian.

Martes: We went to Santa Rita to find out if we had tranfers or not and these kids are evil I swear. Our zone leaders tell us that we can find out what the changes our if we find 18 little pieces of paper hidden throughout the building that have the names of the people and places in the transfers. It was torture. But yeah, I'm still with my momma and I get to "kill" her at the end of this transfer. And then I'll most likely train a new Latina. 
After the meeting we went back to Morazan and had Chinese with the elders and it was our last time going out to eat with all of the elders. it was like a 4 course meal, A TON OF FOOD. and it was made by real live Chinese people too! Like I don't know where they got them from. well probably China...
After that we went to a member's house and we were going to play monopoly with Elder Montiel because this was basically his last day in the mission before he goes home to Mexico. But the lady of the house said that she wanted us to make pizzas. And they turned to the gringos to make it. And I was like woah I can't make anything without a recipe. But luckily Elder Ashton knew how so they sent my comp and I and two other elders down to go buy everything for the pizzas. We ended up making like 6 pizzas and they all turned out really good! With various toppings and some of those toppings included jalapeños and that's when I almost killed everyone because I didn't think they were that hot but these poor Hondurans don't know how to handle the picante. You'd think that someone set their tongues on fire they were freaking out so much. ahah I felt a little bad...

Miércoles: We met our two new elders. One is from Paraguay and the other is from El Salvador. Hermana Calpa thought it would be funny to pretend to be an investigator so we set up an appointment with the elders and I sat in the other room because the big gringa is a dead giveaway. But it actually was a really good, spiritual lesson. And afterwards Calpa left and came back with her name tag and her skirt on and the elders were like are you kidding me. And then we went all to get pollo and tajadas at the place next door and the new elders weren't hungry and we already knew that our district wasn't ever going to be the same. But that's okay, I think we'll get a lot more done. Our district isn't lazy but we could definitely be more obedient and involved. 
I was reading in a church magazine and I really really really liked this quote by Dieter F. Uchtdorf 
                ¨If you believe this in your hearts---
                 if you really believe the great mission of our Heavenly Father
                 is to exalt and glorify his children 
                 and that He knows best how to do it--- 
                 doesn't it make sense to embrace and follow His commandments,
                 even the ones that appear difficult?
                 Should we not cherish the light posts
                 He has given that guide us through the darkness and trials of mortality?¨

I don't always understand all of the rules, but I do know that God loves his children. And maybe he knows something we don't  

Jueves:  Some of the jovenes came with us to invite Heydi ( recently baptized 15 year old) to seminary. They were really sweet with her and I'm glad because she is so so soooo shy. They also invited her to this seminary dinner and dance and one of the girls has a dress she can borrow. She lives just down the hill from these kids but her life is extremely different. I really hope she can get a good education and improve her situation, she's such a lovely girl. We're still working with another 16 year old, Tania, and we're trying to get her to understand that her baptism isn't valid. But who wants to hear that?
We were also teaching this lady and she was following everything we were saying and was like yeah I want to read the Book of Mormon and find out if it's the word of God. So we were like great, when can we stop by and and explain more and she was like woah woah woah I can't receive lessons from you guys, I go to my own church I can´t change I can´t. Everyone is scared to reject the word of God so they talk to us, but they´re scared of what their pastor will say so they 
don´t want to find out more. 
Anyway I made spaghetti with real sauce (Prego) and it made me baggggy and that was after we had bread that Hna M´s mom made that reminded how good my mommy´s bread is. 

Viernes: 100 days in the mission! Super rápido! We didn't want to leave the house because -rain and because -mud. 
We made ourselves baleadas for lunch and Calpa is really inspirational. My first tortilla was really ugly and I was sad but she was like this one is ugly, but the next one is going to better. And she was right. It wasn't catratcha perfect or anything, but every tortilla was progressively better. But it's okay because the scrambled eggs with quesillo, bell peppers, and onions were on point if I do say so myself. But yeah when we finally got out, three of our appointments fell through but we did get to talk to a lady who just lost her baby and she really wants to know more about how her family can be together forever and how she can have her baby again one day. We brought Heydi over to Hermana A's house so that she could borrow the dress and they held her down and did her makeup and the poor thing looked like she was in pain! I don´t think she's ever worn makeup before in her life. We went Hna M's afterwards and she made us baleadas and they were like over nine thousand times better than the ones we made for lunch. Oh and I don't remember if I already wrote about this, but I think it's so funny how Hna M feeds her huge dogs tortillas for their dinner, and the M family sticks a ball of masa on the wall for their parrot. 

Sábado: I still don't understand why letting the boys run around with no pants on is a thing. LIke shirt, yes, shoes, yes, pants, no. That can't be healthy
 We visited fam L and we taught them about the Book of Mormon and how it makes sense that God would talk to more than just the people in Jerusalem, because he loves all his children. At the end of the lesson they asked us if we could pray for them because they have 6 of their 10 children in the US and they haven't heard anything from them in years. They were both really sad.
Trying to teach the M family that we recently baptized is like herding cats. 
At dinner my comp explained to me how Utah Mormons are really weird and that her first question after she found out I was her comp was if I was from Utah. It was pretty funny. But I told her we have to be nice to the people from Utah even though they're a little different. 
We taught Tania after dinner and she still feels like she doesn't need to be rebaptized. I feel like we just need to be patient with her. She's really awesome though, she's been coming to church and doing the personal progress program even! I think we just need to give her more time. 

Domingo: Had macheteadas and hot chocolate for breakfast before the power went out. We almost died the night before because it was so flippin cold. I was wearing two sweaters and two pairs of sweats but my toesies were freezing. So yeah it was really cold and I really didn't feel like taking a cold shower. 
We left to go bring the kids to church and we saw Henry but they said he wasn't home and eventually they admitted that he was hiding from us because he didn't want to go to church. And he still hasn't been confirmed in the church! Again, herding cats. 
We got his sister and his cousin to come but these kids really need a mom to come to church with them, as a FAMILY. We had lunch at Hna A's after church and her son asked me how many languages I speak and I was like English and Spanish and he was like that's it? Whaaaa how many languages do you speak? spanish and catracho? Learning languages is hard! Oh and at lunch we didnt have enough tortillas so we had to use utensils and it was really weird. Food really does taste better when you eat with tortillas or your hands. Calpa said she felt really disconected from her food. 
The power was out all day so I didn't have to teach piano, but I uploaded the photos Tirsa (she's ten) took of my lessons last week. 
We visited this lady and she gave us some oregano from her backyard! Calpa wants to make tea with it and I want to try it. 
Oh and remember how I asked Hno Ody to wear a white shirt and tie to church and comp said that he wouldn't? Well he came to church in a white shirt and the elders helped him tie his tie! Booyah. 
We went to Hna M's for dinner again and there was this HUGE spider on the wall and I killed it with my book of mormon and the legs still stuck out on either side! My comp is literally scared of everything so being with her has helped me suck it up if Im scared or grossed out because I know that I'm going to have to be the one that does something in the end haha. 

Anyway congrats to whoever reads this whole thing haha. I love you mommy! 
And I love all my friends and family.
 Montón de amor de Morazan 

No comments:

Post a Comment