Thursday, April 30, 2015

Chinkgongunya!!!



Would you like to hear what exoctic carribean virus I have? ;) it's called the chinkgongunya and it's hitting everyone here, the day that my companion got better, I contracted it. . . . the Quest Bars saved me this week, we haven't been able to go to shopping for a while because my companion has been sick so I haven't had anything to eat!
But now that I'm sick instead, I dont have much of an appetite so even though we're in town right now I dont think we'll pass by the market.........
 dont know if I have time to write the blog update, we went to the beach today and it was nice to see the ocean again but we can't go in the water so I'm still a little confused to as why we went....
But I did get to play soccer on the beach and I'm still just as horrible jajja. 

P-Day at the beach
Pools where baptism was held 
Beach


Emily included this in her email:  FYI
Chikungunya is a viral disease that is transmitted to humans by infected mosquitoes. The disease is not contagious and cannot be spread through human contact.
Similar to its tropical counterpart Dengue Fever, another mosquito-borne illness, the early symptoms of chikungunya are extremely high fever accompanied by severe joint pains, making it almost unbearable to walk. Other symptoms include a rash, muscle pain, headache, and fatigue.
Acute symptoms usually disappear within a week, though some patients have persistent joint pain that continues for months or years afterward. Death is unlikely, but can occur.
First diagnosed in Tasmania in the 1950s, the disease has since spread to Asia and Africa; an outbreak was reported in Europe in 2007.
Chikungunya was first diagnosed in the Americas last December, when the World Health Organization found a case in the Caribbean island of Saint Martin. Since then, a total of 729,178 suspected and 9,537 confirmed chikungunya cases had been reported in the hemisphere (see map below), according to most recent numbers from the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO). Some 113 people have died in the Caribbean after contracting the virus, according to PAHO’s most recent numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment