Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Puppies for Everyone!

Lunes en la noche: We went to a partial member family's house for a birthday celebration. I schooled the guys in Uno twice in a row, while talking on the phone so they all decided that uno wasnt that fun anymore. oops. 

Martes: We had a meeting for the trainers and trainees. But I just barely got the text notifying me of this meeting the day before so I was working and studying trying to get ready and I was remembering how much I studied and prepared the times before when I was a trainee and I look over and all my companion is doing is laying on her bed looking at pictures on her camera haha. She's definitely a lot more chill than I am about everything in the mission. 
But if I dont feel totally prepared, I don't feel comfortable.

But yeah we survived the meeting of course but she obviously should have studied more based on the tests that they did in the meeting. She needs to be more prepared the next time and I need to help her more than I thought I would need to. If you dont have self motivation, I gues you need an outside force to help you?

Miércoles: Taught S and L about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and showed them their records of their lessons and what they still need to be taught to prepare them for their baptisms, they thought it was interesting so that was cool.
I kinda feel like the elders and I are ganging up on them teaching them like every day this week but I want these two to be more prepared than my last baptisms were. 

Jueves: ¨For grace are we saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God¨
Even our faith is a gift from God....
Hno C and Hna C's Husky had puppies! I want one. They're so cute. I made tamales for the first time today. Turns out you have to heat up the banana leaves first. So that they don't break when you're wrapping them. 

In a lesson, I told S and L that I do cocaine ever so often but I'm not addicted, as an example for the word of wisdom lesson because they asked me if they could drink coffee if they aren't addicted to it. My comp and errbody freaked out ha. 

Viernes: Phililppians 2:15 ¨That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation among whom ye shine as lights in the world. Holding forth the word of life. That I may rejoice in the day of Christ, 
That I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.¨
Helped out Hna C with her baby shower and I got to play with the puppies again. 
We did a ¨super contactar¨ but our list of less active members to visit was only two people and one of them, instead of a name, said ¨no recuerde el nombre¨  and the address was the name of the neighborhood. so yeah. 
I directed the english class that the elders give every friday but I think I scared some of the girls. 
There was a lot of girls and I'm not sure if they just come for the elders hahah.....

Sábado: 1 Thessalonians 5:19 ¨Quench not the Spirit¨

¨However frightening it may be to contemplate a just God, it is infinitely more frightening to me to contemplate an unjust God¨ Jeffrey R. Holland

C.S. Lewis ¨I do not think that all who choose wrong roads perish; but their rescue consists in being put back on the right road. A mathematical sum incorrectly worked can be put right: but only by going back till you find the error and then working it afresh from that point, never by simply going on.

Evil can be undone, but it can not 'develop' into good
Time does not heal it.
The spell must be unwound
I did a lot of reading because my companion has the chinkongunya and is basically dying.
No not really haha. Actually I didnt even know that anything was wrong at first because she always sleeps a lot hahha. 

But nevertheless we traveled to Progresso for a stake conference (two hours) and I got to see my dad for like two secconds and I told him my spanish is improving but whenever I talk to other gringos in spanish I get real nervous and don't pronunciate well because I feel like they hardcore judge more than the Latinos do. hahah idk.,,,

Domingo: S and L went to the session of stake conference and right after, they got baptized. Woooooohooooooo! L bore his testimony afterwards and he said that he's changed so much just in the past month that we've been teaching him and can'

t wait to see what the future brings. awww. they're really good boys. And the members are being really good about helping them feel welcome. I only have pictures of after the baptism and we're not a very photogenic group but oh well! 

love you mom love you dad 
¨Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you.¨ 1 peter 3:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment