Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Pascua!

Martes: We traveled to Santa Rita for our district meeting and one of the Assistants to the President went back to Morazan with us, and though he had been to every other area in the mission, he'd never been to our little Morazan. 
Oh, and I decided to be real girly and do that thing where my comp and I lay on our beds and talk about boys and basura because she told me that she feels sad and wants to go home. I need to step up my 'mom' game. Well except I got to sit with my "son" Elder Tarqui on the bus ride home and he's already shaping up to be really good misisonary.
But yeah I treated my comp and let her rest but I believe that the only cure for homesickness is hard work.

Oh and Hna M fed us again last night and it was soooo good but my poor boliviana doesn't know how to eat with tortillas because really south americans don't eat with tortillas. I didn't know that before my mission. I've always liked tortillas. Poor south americans.
So this señora told me that she only uses eggs from her own chicken because store bought eggs have hormones in them. And I was like okay, that's highly possible, way to be all natural I guess. And then she tells me that the store bought egg hormones would make her son gay. not so sure about that one....

Miercoles: ¨These were more noble than those in Thessalonica in that they recieved the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so¨The Acts 17:11. I would kill for some investigators like that.
This cute little girl Belky came up to us in the street and told us that she had a dream that we came to her house. So we went. And her mom had just been fighting with her ¨husband¨(almost nobody is married here) So I was glad that we could offer some words of comfort to her. But there's not much we can do. She said that going to church makes it worse, like it frustrates the demon in her husband, was basically what she said. He threatens to kill her often, and even in front of their little girls. He also often says that he's going to leave her. And Belky, the little 4 year old told him one time,
'then go! nobody's making you stay here, take your things and go!"

Later on we had a joint lesson with the elders so that our investigators that are preparing for baptism can get to know the elders. It was really good and reminded me that the elders are like 100X¨s better at teaching than I am. 

Hna M called us later on and told us to come over and try the food that she made. They were called nuegados and they're made out of yucca, cheese, and flour. Basically. And they were swimming in miel. It was sooooo sweet it actually made me sick hahah.

Jueves: I was still sick from the wednesday night and almost dying in the morning when everyone decided to call. I talked with my district leader twice, my zone leader, another elder in my district, one of the sister training leaders, this random stranger (on accident) and my mission president.
But really all I wanted to do was sleep. I felt bad because I had just talked to my companion about the importance of sticking to the missionary schedule but I didn't hardly sleep at all the night before and I know I'm dramatic but I was dyinngggg. 

We taught a couple and they've been having a lot of problems so I just asked them to start simple. I made them promise to pray together that night before they go to bed. And they both agree. Then when I finish the lesson and ask the husband to offer the prayer, he tells me that he doesnt know how to pray, so I had him repeat after me. It was kind of funny seeing this big honduran guy being guided like a little kid like that. 

Oh and I stepped on a nail and it went through my shoe and stabbed my foot #tetanus #imgonnadie #goodbyeworld

Viernes: The word of the day is Charity. Look it up. Good stuff. 

We went contacting today. Only 3 houses but it's a start. 

torta de pescado
We tried a traditional dish of semana santa ¨torta de pescado¨ They´re basically fish pancakes...in soup...with rice...and corn tortillas on the side. But yeah it was interesting. At least they only have it once a year. OH and the hermana that fed us informed me that drinking cold water makes you fat. and here I was thinking that it was the coca cola that they chug from infancy.

We went to fam R's house and we made pique macho again and I had some honduran guys ask me if I would come back after my mission and date them. I had to politely decline. But they preluded this with a thorough interrogation of my cooking skills #priorities.

watching conference with President & Wife
They also tried to explain to me their culture of ¨appreciating beauty¨ and that's why guys are always shouting at me in the street and that I shouldn't ignore them because that's rude. oops.
Sábado: I have so much to write about conference and I don't have time, maybe next week. But I did make easter eggs and I put up pictures! love you mom love you dad love you all and yea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment