Monday, March 30, 2015

"La Gringa es Super Grande!"

This week a little boy in the street looked up at me and said ¨¡woahhhh este gringa es suuuuper grande!¨ so I said ¨gracias! Yo comí mis verduras, entonces...¨ and he looked  a little startled and said ¨Y linda tambien!¨ 

Martes: We went to Santa Rita and our zone is the smallest in the mission. I talked to the only other gringo in my district a lot and I always feel guilty because we almost always talk in English. And I was messing around doing southern accents and he was critiquing me and telling me which state I sounded like I was from at any given time in the sentence. Like I honestly couldn't tell the difference from someone from Georgia and someone from Louisianna... Oh and the dude at the chinese restaraunt where we ate lunch is a homie, he gave us free watermelon with our meal!

After we got back to our area, we walked and walked around but didn't contact a single house. We made baleadas with H, she's so sweet. Every flour tortilla turned out hideous, but it was good to visit with them.




Miercoles: "Por lo pronto no podéis ver con vuestros ojos naturales el designio de vuestro Dios concerniente a las cosas que vendrán más adelante, ni la gloria que seguirá después de mucha tribulación" Doctrine and Covenants 58:3

We went to go chop the bark off of those sticks again in the morning, we had an appointment with S and L but we were like "these kids are teenagers they probably won't even notice", but we talked to S later and they actually waited an hour and a half  that morning. I felt super bad and when we talked to him later it was in front of all his friends and I felt bad again, poor guy. We only contacted one house today and I was so nervous we didn't even leave a pamphlet or set up an appointment, we just invited them to a church activity. Like sometimes I just want a nice suburban street where I can just go door to door and it's all neat and organized. I was so desperate for a lesson today that I taught that drunk guy again. And later I actually contemplated setting up a teaching appointment with a guy that was obviously just trying to flirt with me. It's bad. 
Buuuut I was approved by the catrachos y catrachas in Maria's house that si, puedo hacer las baleadas. That was a little satisfying. And afterwards I went to Hna I's house to make another tres leches cake but I don't really trust the recipe I used but oh well. And we had to leave before they were done cooking...  

Jueves: ¨I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not procrastinate the day of your repentance.¨
Well flip the rapunzel of Morazán told me that her mom doesn't like our church and that she's been attending a different church anyway. It sucks when an investigator breaks up with you :( 
¨Si no cuenta con el Espíritu, nunca tendrá éxito, no importa cuánto talento y habilidad tenga¨ (If you don't find the Spirit, you'll never have success, no matter your talents and abilities". 
I just want to work. I like giving lessons, I like trying to get people to understand, I like learning from them. I like trying to help them. But the hard part is finding them!
We taught this guy and he told us how his wife just left him and I didn't know what to say... And another señor is in pain and old and feels helpless and I was just like "well ya gotta know the bad to recognize the good amiright?" Definitely need to work on that....

As a church activity we set up a projector and watched Forever Strong. The movie made me a little baggy but it was really inspirational and I think everyone liked it. My tres leches cakes that I made turned out a little dry again. I gotta work on that.....
¨En el mundo tendrés afliccion. Pero confiad; yo he vencido al mundo¨Juan 16:33

Viernes: We challenged L to get baptized today. I was doing all of the talking but then I remembered the first 12 weeks training that I was supposed to be doing with my comp so I made Enriquez do it and she was like "nooo I can't" and L was actually like "yes you can!" It was funny. I've never seen the investigator encourage the missionary to ask them to be baptized like that. 
They joked about S being able to baptized L because his baptismal date is before his but like legit that would be really cool. They're both just young men but I've taught S my whole mission (not very much time) but he's changed a lot, I even talked to his teacher at the high school (he's a church member) and he told me that he's changed a lot in these few months. 
Oh and I have a cold again! woot.



Sábado: So I probably could have left and worked today but I felt really sick and it was raining outside...But I did do all of my laundry and studied and worked on our paperwork for our area....still not sure if I'm a good senior compaion or not. At 5 we went to the house of some of the investigators of Elder Alfaro and Elder Tarqui. And the two Bolivians (my kids) made a plate typical of Bolivia called 'Pique Macho'. It's basically just  fried, beef, chorizo, hard boiled egg, and raw onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers. But it was good :)  But I was still sick haha













Domingo: We got to do divisions because almost all of the youth in our ward went out with us, it was great. We got a lot of work done that way. And at the end of the day we got to have baleadas at Hna M's house and her house is like my second home here she always treats us real good and has plenty of catrachan wisdom for us hahha. 


This week definitely started out rough but I feel a lot more hope for the next week, I know that everything is possible if I just throw myself into the work... I feel like I've been holding back until now. 
Anyway hope you have a great semana santa and remember that HE LIVES! and you can too ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment