Monday, March 23, 2015

"Mamacita" Emily

So this was my first week as a teenage mom. 
I have gemelos, or twins. A boy and a girl and they're both from Cochabamba, Bolivia. One is the hermana that I'm training and the other is the Elder that is also being trained in my district in the mission. Since I'm the senior hermana in my district, he's my "kid" as well. yeah it's weird I still don't know why they're so into the "family thing" in the mission. 
But sometimes I forget that not everyone knows what I mean if I said my mom just died. In the mission, everyone understands that that means my trainer just finished her mission and is going home. But my new companion was very concerned when I told her this. 

Jueves: When we were walking en el centro a guy passed by and said "mira, que elegante...you make elegance" probably the most original that I've gotten in a while. 
Okay so I'm trying to be real prayerful because I really need God's help right now. I think my new companion, Enriquez, has found out by now that I have no clue what I'm doing. This was her first day in the area. And we were laying on our beds with the fans on us talking and all of a sudden she stops talking and yeah she fell asleep like mid sentence. I didn't know what to do but I guessed that she was tired from all of her traveling so I let her sleep. 
Then we went out and every. single. appointment. fell. 
And I feel like a less than awesome missionary and I'm trying to not get discouraged but let me tell you it is sooo much easier when someone is just telling you what to do.
But now I have to plan everything and sometimes I feel like a bad trainer because I find myself wishing she was a gringa just so she wouldn't be able to ask so many questions! So many questions! I don't know! But really she's being super patient despite the fact that the gringa taking care of her knows next to nothing. 

Viernes: Okay so cultural difference: taking out handfulls from the cereal box instead of pouring it. 
We taught S and L and I really enjoyed it. And Enriquez is super good about doing her parts of the lessons. 
She's not afraid to speak and that's awesome.
Afterwards when it was lunch time I tried again probably for the 100th time that I usually don't cook anything for lunch I just have a snack and then use the extra time to rest or study.  Literally I think she talked about what we were going to cook or what I wanted to cook or what do I usually cook . . . like calm down my child it's just food. 

I was so proud of our recent converts R and H, when we visited them we sang Soy un Hijo de Dios and they knew almost all of the words! 

We went to help out at the english class that the elders have and Elder Hanson directed it so now all these Hondurans are going to have a southern accent. Mercy me. 

Sábado: The morning was nice, all we did was help out at our abuelo's house and I kiiiinda felt really bad because I broke her broom I guess I got too excited with all that exciting sweeping. And I also kiiinda felt like a "boss" because towards the end I started helping chop the bark off the leña so my lil' companion wanted to try but the poor thing is not used to manual labor. 

Domingo: So "S" actually woke up and went to church! He only needs to attend one more time and he's elligble for baptism! I don't really want to rush it, but it has to be in this transfer because the Assistents to the president told us that we have absolutely no excuse to not have a baptism this transfer :/ 
We taught Hno U and I don't think he understands most of what I say because of my poor spanish but when I bore my testimony of Jesus Christ and said "El vive" I could tell it stuck, and that was pretty cool. It's actually really cool to think about that Jesus does live and He's actively working in this church. 
In John 6 when Jesus feeds the five thousand it says, "aqui hay un muchacho que tiene cinco panes de cebada y dos pescados, pero que es esto para tantos?"
By itself, not much. But with Christ, it was more than enough. Whatever we have to offer, he can magnify. But we have to offer it first. We can't bury our talent in the ground just because it's one little talent and it won't amount to much. If you think that what you have to offer isn't enough to work with...then you have no idea who He is.
I've learned that we just need to give him something to work with. 


PS. I got the care package! Lindt's can't even handle being in our air conditioned house in the states.They got really melty and messy and the bag tore so there was chocolate on most of the things in the package. Yes they're my favorite but I don't think they're up for the trip hahah. 
 I did take a photo of the chocolates just because it was one of the saddest things I've seen in my brief life

No comments:

Post a Comment