Monday, May 11, 2015

#justintime

Martes 5 de mayo: ¡arrrriba ay ay ay! Birthday shoutout to my beautiful sister Melissa!
 I really wanted mexican food today but there aren’t any Mexican restaurants here so I had to settle for Chinese. 

I learned from this old pastor guy that when God talks to us telepathically it's called rema and the stuff that's written in the scriptures are called logos. So that was interesting...
I wanna know what Sidney Rigdon felt or learned in order to accept the gospel even though he was a minister himself. That takes a lot of humility.

We went and visited the husky puppies again and they're like twice the size and squirmy and chubby and fluffy and I had like three in my arms at the same time and I swear I've never been happier.

Miércoles: Divisions. We wandered around a lot looking for houses to contact. 
One of the people that I'm teaching basically called me a sinner because he saw me wearing pants on monday. So that was cool.
But I thought it was cool that his first question was like "hey I like your religion, but do you guys ever get together to idk sing, pray, teach, together?"
And I was like well duh. I can't believe we haven't invited him to church before! And also he came out of his room holding a Book of Mormon and I don't remember giving him one... It's really hard to remember what we've done with this investigator because he always flakes on our appointments so they are soooo few and far between. 

Jueves: I remember the last time we made hamburgers as a fundraiser and I was so excited to have burgers and it turned out that they were catrachan hamburgers #myliiife so this time I had really low expectations and it was fine.

In the Spanish bible, Boaz is Booz. 
Put a baptismal date for Wendy, one of the lovely ladies that we teach, but I'm still not sure why she's wishy-washy about it.... I think she needs someone to go to church with.
Her brother goes religiously (hehe obvi) but they aren't very close. Her dad asked me if I've ever been scared that the plane that I'm on will blow up. And I said it's not very likely, but if I die, I feel like I'd be at peace with that. And he said "well God doesn't kill angels so don’t worry." I just smiled and laughed and ignored the fact that it didn't make any sense.

This day was the first time I've taught a lesson and found myself saying things and afterwards thinking hey that was kind of neat. My companion said she felt the spirit really strongly, so I hope that the couple that we were teaching felt it too...

We contacted a casa who's chicken was just hit by a motorcycle #justintime so we were able to offer consolation, haha. 

Viernes: We chopped vegetables for an eternity. I felt like I was back at school working in prep again. 
We went and helped the elders contact houses in their area and we talked to this girl for a long time, give her a pamphlet and when we passed by again with the elders we find out that she's a member. Like you could have mentioned that minor detail haha. 

I'm reading 'Jesus the Christ' and I could literally spend all day reading, it's so awesome. There was a part in there that I think David A Bednar based one of his talks on. 
When Jesus was tempted in the desert, the real temptation wasn't to make bread to satisfy hunger, it wasn't to make miracles for no reason by throwing himself from the top of the temple, and it wasn't for all the power of the world that Satan said that he had to offer.
¨There was...the temptation to put to proof the possible doubt implied in the tempters 'If' The Eternal Father had proclaimed Jesus as His son; the devil tried to make the Son doubt that divine relationship. (Matt 4:4)
The word that had proceeded from the mouth of God, upon which Satan would have cast mistrust, was that Jesus was the Beloved Son with whom the Father was well pleased.¨
The devil´s ¨If¨ ¨let him save himself if he be the Christ¨
¨If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.¨ 
The thing that the devil is most intent on with us is getting us to reject our divine nature. To think that we are less, that God has forsaken us so we're better off trying to just look out for ourselves. 

Also I really liked 2 Nephi 5:16 when Nephi talks about the temple that he made in his new land. It was after the model of Solomon's temple but he said that he didn't really have all the precious materials to make it just like Solomon's temple. He even sounds a little embarrassed because it's not as glorious as he would want the temple of God to be. But he said that it was still very beautiful to him. This made me think about how the church in Morazán is sumamente hermosa and it's not in a big pretty chapel, so bam.

Sábado: Made a bunch of cupcakes for Mother's Day. 
Talked to a preacher and he was being such a wolf in sheep's clothing I kept looking around for a big fluffy tail.
He basically gave us a lesson and we let him really because I was curious to see his manner of teaching.
For me the gospel is so plain and beautiful and he just twisted it all around trying to stir up contention behind a big smile and incessant words. 
I guess he felt like he was ¨winning¨ (against a 19 year old girl) if he just kept talking and changing the subject and not letting us talk. It was a blast.

Domingo: Happy mother's day to my beloved mommy and happy 5 months in Morazan to me haha. 
There were maggots all over the floor in the house this morning. 
Technology continues to be frustrating here and I hope that I will be able to video call with my family sometime in the coming week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment