Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"Happiness is true food . . ."

Martes: We had a meeting of just the Hermanas and I missed the stop so we had to take a taxi and we ended up arriving 45 minutes late... and they waited for us so that they could start! It was so embarrassing hahah. But I did get to see my favorite Hna Haight. Also Hermana Klein made salad with real romaine lettuce and I ABOUT DIED. There are so few sister missionaries in the mission I feel like we have to really put in work so that we can be effective but also improve the image that a lot of people have of the missionaries here. 

Miercoles: traveling in bus for the third day in a row but only an hour this time. I forgot to write this on monday and I feel like it needs to be said that on the bus ride I haggled for the price of the bus fare (basically less than 50 cents) and, referring to why this kid probably wasn’t selling a lot of coconut water I sincerely said, ¨it's cuz it's just so expensive¨  -again, less than 50 cents. 
                                                                                                                                        Hondy is changing me.

We took a photo as a zone and did the routine introductions even though we're already halfway through the transfer. We ate lunch at a restaurant named ¨International¨ but the only countries represented in the menu are México (one dish, tacos) and Honduras. So it's technically international buuut.....

Talked to a lady that says she won't accept our religion because Joseph Smith doesn't show up in the Bible and I was just like okay look, the purpose of the Bible is to talk about Jesus Christ. I don't think there's any part in the old testament that talks about John the Revelator but we still accept his prophecies. 

This one lady that we teach makes being a mom look like the hardest thing in the world and she only has two kids! I cant even imagine how my angel mother handled 6 haha.
But she said that she has literally no time to read the scriptures. So I took out the phone and set the timer and asked her to read two verses, it took her 45 seconds because they were pretty long. And then I was like what did you learn from these verses? did you get something out of them? and she said yes and told us what she learned. 
So then I asked her if she could set aside 45 seconds of her day to read. And she asked us to pray for her so that she could feel like praying and reading.


Then her dad arrived with a ton of firewood and even though we really had to go I offered to help and my comp looked at me like I was crazy. But they were happy that we helped and we were happy that we helped.

Jueves: 
¨Happiness is true food, wholesome, nutritious and sweet; it builds up the body and generates energy for action, physical, mental and spiritual. Pleasure is but a deceiving stimulant which, like spirituous drink, makes one think he is strong when in reality enfeebled...happiness leaves no bad after-taste, it is followed by no depressing reaction; it calls for no repentance, brings no regret, entails no remorse...happiness...springs from the deeper fountains of the soul, and is not infrequently accompanied by tears. Have you ever been so happy that you have had to weep? I have.¨ James E. Talmage

Found a member of the church while contacting today! She was interested when we talked to her about the temple trip. But later when we invited them to church they were like ohhh no no no no we go to a different church now. 

Viernes: ¨yeah rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.¨ AND KEEP IT. like i'm not shouting but really I think that their whole lives they've only acknowledged the first part of this verse.
Today one of the ladies that we teach told us about how it rains fish in Yoro around this time of year. But only one time a year. And not always the same time, and not every year. 

Sábado: Today it was decided by the elders that if I was a pokemon I would be jiggly puff because my singing puts people to sleep. ha.
The baby of fam Reyes, ¨Fichu¨ was sick in the hospital so we all came and visited her. She was so cute like “nooo I don't want you to take any photos”, while posing and smiling at the camera.

Domingo: Concerning the woman who touched Jesus´s robe and was healed, he made her come forward and confess that she had used her faith and the power of Jesus Christ to be healed. Sometimes I´m the same, I just want to be able to quietly sneak in and repent and use the atonement without any fuss. But really confession is a pivotal part to repentance. To acknoweldge that we can’t clean it up ourselves. 
 We had a conference and all the leaders from the stake came and told us why we still aren’t a branch. But we're close! 
As for the choir, we had to cut like half of the songs that we prepared because there wasn’t enough time. 
Afterwards, in the evening we played games with the elders and the kids that they just baptized, It was really cute. We played hot potato as well and I got caught with it so I had to tell a joke and I was like in Spanish are you kidding me so I told the talking muffin joke but instead it was with two tortillas on an hornija.
  
that's all I got time for love you muuuucho

No comments:

Post a Comment