Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Back to Hondy!

Set Apart Missionary - Take 2
Martes:
8th of December & off to Honduras
Back to Hondy. Fun fact, a year ago to the date I was doing basically the exact same thing. Except I was arriving from Mexico and I had my squad with me.
So today I´m chilling in Houston all by my lonesome and it's nowhere near a normal transfer day so I'm the only missionary out here. There's a bird waiting inside at the gate, how did that happen. 
I just had some nasty 12 dollar nachos and a soda to get myself back in Hondy mode. 
(while I was in the airport I wrote a whole different blog post about having an "intermission" but it's long so I'll have to type it out a different day.)

Miércoles: I want to sleep I want to take a shower I want my phone I want to just chill and watch netflix (like the normal way, you know what I mean sheesh)
I want to TAKE A SHOWER. Oh and Adele's "Hello" is playing outside in a funky Honduran version. 

Yesterday, when Hermana and Presidente Klein were there to pick me up, it kinda felt like I'd never left. Like they're such totally different worlds that it's easier than you'd think to just flip a switch like okay I've been in this mode before and the only thing I've ever done in these surroundings is be a missionary. 
I think that's why it's s hard to keep your good habits when you go home though. 

So I get to La Paz and they had no idea I was coming and I looked for the box with some important things in it that I left there and they couldn't find it and had no idea what I was talking about....

So today Wednesday my companion and I are finally in our area and we are opening it so we have almost nothing to go off of but I fr fr love Hna Alvarez she is the cutest little Nicaraguan and soooo funny and hardworking. 
Anyway so we get to the house and there's basically nothing. No water in the tap or in the pila. 
No stove. No mirror #sadparakeet

Jueves: It's slightly difficult to do weekly planning when you don't have investigators... 

Viernes: MULTI ZONE CONFERENCE yaaaaaa.
I got to see my absolute favorite hermana Haight and I missed her so much. She had my baggy (like a yearbook but for the mission) and in the back she wrote me every single day that I missed in the mission. #presh 
The conference was like 8 hours long but it was awesome and now im super pumped to get to work. 

Sábado: We're sitting at home like what do we do its 6:45 but it's really dark outside...opening an area is weird but dude the supermarket by our apartment is sickkkkk it's better than all the ones I've been to in Honduras. It's not too crowded and it has everything like even spinach!!!!! I was wayyy too excited when I saw that there was real spinach and lettuce. Imma go to town. Oh and like every kind of cheese. 
Also my catrachan apetite is back and I'm scared of getting chubby again. 
But here I am going to town on an entire papaya. 
Also have I mentioned I looooooooooove my companion. I'm so confused how anyone could be so perf.

Domingo: So we just got home from church: aka suffered through soc soc and we have a little bit of time to eat and do language study before we have to back for consejo de rama. 
I'm the new branch chorister #betterthanpianist 

Lunes: Pdayyyyyyy "y se regocijaron en extremo cuando llegaron a las playas del mar" im pretty sure thats in 1 Nefi somewhere. 
So we went to the beach! It was really hot! But we went to the beach! We arent allowed to get in the water. But we went to the beach! 

That's all I got this week. I'm happy to be back. It's sweet. Also cant wait to be done. hahah i kid i kid 

No comments:

Post a Comment