Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 2 of Resurrection

Martes 15 de diciembre:
So I believe we can help a lot here in Tela, but it will take us a while to reach the mission goal of one baptism a week. 
We went to Progreso (two hours away) for a meeting and the biggest struggle of the day was walking like 10 blocks back to the bus stop in the heat of the day carrying the heaviest box of Books of Mormon ever #lapalabraespesada seriously afterwards my arms did not work. 
Like when we finally got home I had a hard time holding up my "janky" cup made out of a cut up waterbottle (we have no dishes)

We went on a couple of lessons and then we each bought one baleada sencilla each, and later one to go and we split it. 
Seriously the best baleada OF MY LIFE.
or maybe the most appreciated
Alvarez said that the fruit on the tree in Lehi´s vision must have been baleadas, and I said it makes sense bc they're white and most desirable.
Then with our very last 4 lempiras we bought some chips.
And now, we have nothing...

Miércoles: My knee gave out 4 1/2 times this morning. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that my exercises this morning included 100 squats #gottamakesurethatbootydontquit

Also this day everyone thought we were jehovas witnesses and some were a little disappointed when we weren't...

So later we go "help" with family history but we just sat there and elder Gozart and Queme helped two people that didn't have their membership numbers or an email address. Omg and baby Gozart is the cutest thing ever like the no guile thing really exists he's just genuinely super excited and sincere about everything like he was raving about family history and also fetty wap's Trap Queen. Such a strange idaho child. 
We had dinner with the elders afterwards and then Alvarez and I got baleadas. I know. I know. 

Jueves: John got home from China yesterday! 
Today the sister training leaders came to visit. Hna Andujar was sad we didn't have a mirror in the apartment #abnegation 
But yeahhh it was actually perf bc she spent 6 months in this area and she knows where everyone lives and people liked me more when they recognized her first. 
Dude my spanish is sucking right now. like bad. Also I want to go to bed but we don't know where everyone's sleeping, oh and I fell today and scraped myself up #babygiraffe 

Viernes: Soooooooooooooooooo I slept on the floor last night which would have been fine except I have a huuuge ol bruise on my thigh from baby giraffing it yesterday so I couldn't lay on that side when my bum got tired of the tile floor and if I layed on my other side, it was hard to find a position where my scraped up arm felt okay...
The good thing is that I've been sore since Tuesday so who knows if I'm sore from last night at all! Wooooo. 

We had the branch Christmas party #turnt we tried to play a game of "never have I ever" but they did not get it. "nunca he comido fruta" yeah.....

Sábado: La Humildad "La condición de ser manso y moldeable, o hacer que alguien lo sea. La humildad lleva implícito el reconocimiento de que dependemos de Dios"
Hermana Mesa just sent her daughter to bring us dinner in our apartment #s'sweet 

Domingo: "Pero he aquí, el Señor ha redimido a mi alma del infierno; he visto su gloria, y estoy para siempre envuelto entre los brazos de su amor" 2 nefi 1:15

sooooooooooo apparently church starting 15 min late is a normal thing here. Macizo. When we went and sat down in the front there was hardly anybody there, but by the time I went up to lead the music, like 25 min after the hour, therer were twice as many people there. Alvarez and I (mostly Alvarez) gave the "gospel principles" class and E Queme was freaking out because we ended like a half hour early.

So we keep accidentally finding less active members when we're contacting like in one meeting with the branch president we asked for a list of members and his counselor just laughed and said "todo de lo que es la ciudad de Tela"
sweet.

Lunes: Today I have 300 days in the mission! #notbaggyatall
We went grocery shopping and I got real cheddar cheese and deli sliced turkey. I swear this super market is so fancy. 
And here the fruits of the season for christmas are apples and grapes and theyre like super expensive and special because they're all imported and whatnot #funfact

We went to the Bungalow for lunch. I highly recommend it for anyone passing through Tela. I would totally take my parents there after my mission if they weren't scared gringos ;) . They make their own hot sauce too. 

this was your week update with hna Nelson, adioooooooooooooooooos

No comments:

Post a Comment