Monday, December 28, 2015

awww baby giraffe what are you doing to yourself?

Lunes 21 de diciembre:
I got to talk to my friend Elder Crosgrove on the phone tonight for a little bit and it was so funny to hear his response when I told him I fell again last week "awww baby giraffe what are you doing to yourself????" Oh and he said that he took the cookie crumbs that I brought him from home and put them in milk and just ate it with a spoon and it was the best thing he's eaten in 14 months hahah. 

Martes 22 de diciembre:
So today was a little ruff, we had 4 appointments lined up and every. single. one. fell. I feel like we walked a ton too. But at least I have my AMAZING companion to talk to. Oh and at our first district meeting I did the English class and the gringo babies loved it. Idk if it helped the latinos at all though. Also we caved and bought baleadas tonight. oops. And right now I'm eating a hass avocado sandwich because hass avocados WIN but also #chubbylumpkins I
We met this cool African Honduran lady today she was so funny and said that she went to our church on Sunday and sat outside on the bench in the foyer, without ever having talked to anyone from the church before. So our goal is for her to actually come inside next time hahah.
Miércoles 23 de diciembre:
So 3 of our appointments DIDN'T fall through today! And I had oatmeal and peanutbutter for breakfast so I guess that helped me get back in the mission mode a little. 
I keep telling myself that the holidays are a hard time to teach no matter where you are time-wise/experience-wise in the mission. 
Anywayyyysss we on the struggle bus here in Tela. Everyone, including the members, are saying that they're too busy to let us in or that they have visitors. And idk what to do. I keep praying and stress eating over it because honestly I have no idea what we're going to do tomorrow (christmas eve) and Friday. haha we're so unwanted.
I'm fine with spending Christmas away from family for the good of the missionary work here. But I'm afraid that for the next few days we won't even be doing that...
I really don't blame the members though, we've only been here two S
undays, they hardly know us. 

Okay well anyways pity party over today I had the most HEAVENLY turkey tomato avocado lettuce and REAL cheddar cheese sandwich. 

Saw two gringas today, they looked lost. And we were laughing about white people when they visit they walk around with messy buns but if a honduran did that everyone else would make fun of them like "what did you just roll out of bed??" 

we didn't end up having dinner so we went and got baleadas and I got one with avocado and I was like hass girl hasssss #avocadopun

Jueves 24 de diciembre:
Merry Christmas Eve! Happy 10 months to me officially double digits!
Most people here don't give each other presents, they just all get together as a family and chill and eat a ton of food. So much better right???? Imagine not having to stress about what to get someone or what to say when you get another pair of fuzzy gloves???

Oh and today I made an awesome salad, burnt my grilled cheese to high heaven. 

Viernes 25 de diciembre: 
"No habéis llegado hasta aquí sino por la palabra de Cristo, con fe inquebrantable en él, confiando íntegramente en los méritos de aquel que es poderoso para salvar. Por tanto, debéis seguir adelante con firmeza en Cristo, teniendo un fulgor perfecto de esperanza y amor por Dios y por TODOS LOS HOMBRES. Port tanto, si marcháis adelante, deleitándoos en la palabra de Cristo, y perseveráis hasta el fin, he aquí, así dice el Padre: Tendréis la vida eterna." 2 nefi 31:19-20
"19. . . . ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in Him, relying wholly upon the merits of Him who is mighty to save.
20. wherefore ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, with a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye press forward, feasting upon the words of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: ye shall have eternal life."  
So I started my morning with a mandarin orange that I bought at the supermarket. #tradition
Then we went around handing out ornaments we made the night before and sharing a scripture (D&C 88:33) with it when we could. 
We stopped by this one member's house and she gave us this HUGE plate of food it was a ton #projectporcioncontrolhonduras but yeah someone else gave us tres leches cake and my comp and I got sick afterwards.
Oh and I twisted my ankle today #babygiraffe haha so far I've tripped/fallen every week that I've been back. what is God trying to tell meeee????

hahaha anywaysss I love Christmas and the way it brings people together and turns their hearts to Christ. 
You know how in Spanish más = more so Christmas = more Christ! 
I promise that a life centered and steady in the teachings of Christ is SO much more fulfilling than any other way to live. He lives!  He loves me! He loves all of us! He is the best gift that has ever been given to the world. 

Sábado 26 de diciembre:
"confiad en Dios con mentes firmes, y orad a él con suma fe, y él os consolará en vuestras aflicciones"
-jacob 3:1
I got to see my family today! of course there were many technical difficulties.
But I felt lame because my companion talked before I did and she was super inspirational and bore her testimony and even brought the Liahona to read a part of it to them. And I just shared the story of how I hugged a Colombian in the airport...

Domingo 27 de Diciembre: 
Okay so this lady walks up to us in the street and is like omg hnas nice to meet you I'm hna Rodriguez and we're like okay are you a member or wut and she goes on to tell us that the missionaries have visited them before for a long time and she introduced us to her son so I was like 
wow the missionaries visited and taught you for a long time?
yep
and so have you been baptized? 
no
and why not?
the missionaries stopped coming
have you been going to church at least while they've been gone?
no
and why not?
because the missionaries stopped coming to bring me with them
and I was like son, you a grown a man you can walk two blocks down the street to go to church that's all I got to say about that. 

Lunes 28 de diciembre:
Hermana Haight came to visit us today!
We went and got food at Mister Tacos and Haight and I shared an order of enchiladas and nachos soooooooooo good. There was no horchata tho #sadgringa
but there were salsas, chimol, "guacamole guac guacamole" and salsa verde picante, the nachos were with carne de pasto and the enchiladas were actually really thick corn tortillas(4) folded, with this creamy sauce and a ton of cheese like melty gooey cheese, I legit want the recipe..
And I´m going to train again! #butthistimenotasateenmom
Whaaaaa


okay that was the week, really long sorry! But Love you mommy!







- We got to Skype with Hermana Nelson the day after Christmas. What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment