Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"Adios Morazán"

"Hosanna" is a Greek form of the Hebrew expression for ¨Save us now¨ or ¨Save, we pray¨ 



 Martes 2 de Junio: We ordered pizza for lunch after our district meeting and it was pretty funny because there's no addresses here so Elder Mendieta just described where the house was as best as he could, and it arrived really fast! #smalltownbenefits

Some of my notes from reading Jesus the Christ, JT did a good job with this book.

¨No other man, however great his powers of physical or mental endurance, could have suffered so; for his human organism would have succumbed, and syncope would have produced unconcsciousness and welcome oblivion¨
Even bodily, the atonement of Jesus Christ is an awe-inspiring thing to consider. 

Also, Judas Iscariot partook of the sacrament. One of the guys that we're teaching, William, didn't like the fact that anyone could partake of the sacrament in our church if they choose to do so. We offer to everyone because how are we supposed to find out who is worthy or not??? That's not our job.

¨Herod is the only character in history to whom Jesus is known to have applied a personal epithet of contempt. 'Go ye and tell that fox' He once said to certain Pharisees who had come to Him with the story that Herod intended to Kill Him. 
As far as we know, Herod is further distinguished as the only being who saw Christ face to face and spoke to Him, yet never heard His voice.¨ #bloodisthickerthanwater #hekilledhiscousinJohn 

¨The present writer believes that the Lord Jesus died of a broken heart. The psalmist sang in dolorous measures according to his inspired prevision of the Lord's passion: ´Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness; and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.' 

We were all checking out our family history trees and I found an ancestor with the last name ¨Hansen¨ and Elder Hansen and I were like omg we're RELATED but nobody else cared I think they consider all gringos related.

Miercoles: Made a snake out of plastic cups and yarn with Wendy. 

Went over to visit our abuelitos and swept up the back yard and stacked some firewood. Then Rosita asked me if I was going to go ¨Misionar¨ and I told her not yet so she goes and makes this elaborate lunch and I didn't know what to say, they really just live day to day but they are so generous. 
Mario said that he would drive me to the bus stop on Wednesday with all my luggage and we all got a little misty eyed...

Jueves: We did the weekly planning and I was just like 
'whatever I'm not even going to be here. I mean I really DO care and all and I hope everything goes well but it's going to be out of my hands honestly." 
Bought some RayBans knock offs for like 5 bucks that now that I think about it I don't think I'm ever going to wear. 
And foundation that isn't as powdery as I hoped and too dark for me and smells like grandmotherly.
Then we all went to Negrito which is about 30 minutes away from Morazán and met three families that are members. They don't go to church because it's far and costs money. This one lady was suuuuper nice and made us all stay for baleadas and even though everyone before, was like we're only going to stay for five minutes because we have to go but then she brought up food and suddenly we had all the time in the world haha. 

Viernes: Spent the morning helping Ilda with her English, that's the thing I don't liiike. I thought I wasn´t going to have to do homework for at least a year and a half. #littledidsheknow Then I went to go ask Maribel if she could sew up my backpack and after an hour and a half and lunch she told me yes, she could sew it. Yes, she made us lunch, and yes I took a picture, and yes that is a chicken foot. you can see my meal in all it's claw-like finery.
But with the hna Maribel, I know that whatever typical food I'm trying, it's the absolute best version of that dish. 
We talked with this guy that was trying to tell us that God the father and the son were the same person and I'm just like that makes no sense. And he still didn't change his mind even after we talked about the vision Stephen saw when he was about to die when he said that he saw two people, God the father and Jesus Christ like you can't accept the new testament and ignore that simple doctrine that they are distinct beings.

Sabado: We passed by to visit Alejandra and she hid under a blanklet and didn't want to talk to us. 
Went and helped Dersi with her English homework and it was a little difficult because it was all banking terms like that's not a vocab that I know well. 

Domingo: There were good parts and not so good parts of today.


not so good- Carla didn't wake up to go to church and wendy didn't wan't to take her teething baby

good- the way Isis's face lit up when we came to walk her to church because she thought we weren't going to come

not so good- I cried while directing the last hymn in church.
good- this random little girl ran up and gave me a hug afterwards because she said she didn't want to see me cry.

not so good- we didn't study 12 semanas and we took a 3 hour nap. 

good- we were able to leave after and visit with Johnny and Bernadino. 

not so good- Marta shut the door in our face, fam Lemus hid from us and Israel told me he wanted to give the Book of Mormon back that I gave him and that he doesn't want us to come and teach him anymore.
good- I talked to Maria and she said that after our family home evening that we had with them, her husband has started to change and that they've been praying together as a family. 

not so good- both Selvin and Eduardo didn't show up for our planned appointments. 

good-Selvin's mom fed us dinner and I played (tried to) chess with Elder Alfaro while we all watched pinnochio 



No comments:

Post a Comment