Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hola! from La Paz


I ended up in La Paz. You can look it up if you'd like.

Martes 9 de Junio: Last zone meeting in Santa Rita. I got to give my going-away testimony but it felt off. Like I didn't feel like I was actually leaving, like I'd been that zone my whole mission haha.
After the meeting we went to restaurant ¨International¨ and it was POURING rain and I spent too much on soup. Had to say goodbye to a lot of people I don't like saying goodbye. But there was cake, and pastelitos, and I finally took a picture in front of Pulperia Nelson!
Definition of PULPERIA. : a Spanish American rural grocery store often functioning also as a drinking establishment.

Mièrcoles: So I'm in La Paz and it makes me baggy because this was the first place we went after the airport in december. Well, after the chapel. Oh and there's an actual chapel in my area! 

Jueves: So I miss Morazan :( today was super long but we only had three lessons. We contacted for a long time but I started to get a little frustrated because I feel like we only contacted old people that are sitting outside of their house. Like all they do is sit outside all day, they arent going to have the initiative to change their lives but I guess you cant know that until you try. 
I'm getting eaten alive here by mosquitos. 
The members feed us a lot here though so it seems...Everyone's been really nice. Contacting however the people don't seem to be as receptive here.

Viernes: I can't tell if the dogs here are just meaner or they don't like my companion. here they eat pasta with rice a lot because they like to carbo load I guess.

Sàbado: This one guy I saw said I looked like I was from germany.

Domingo: Church in a real chapel!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment