Tuesday, June 30, 2015

"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." -CS Lewis

                                                                                                                                                        22 June 2015
Martes 16 de Junio:
Old lady flipped me off today. But I think she was crazy. 
I went to the house where we eat the first day I got to Honduras and I remember thinking that it was ratchet and cramped and I felt uncomfortable. But today I was like wowww this is a really nice house, spacious, well furnished wow. So there's that.
While we were teaching lecciòn 2 about mundo de los espiritus to this lady in a wheelchair that's always sick. She made this really good analogy to how it's like an operation and then you go to this room of recuperation to wait the results of the operation. And I was like yeah that's a really good example! Then she goes and tells us about how when her mom died and then her dad some years later, she had this dream; there was this big white field and everyone was dressed in white and it was really pretty. And she saw her mom. And her mom told her not to cry. Because she had been crying a lot and asking why her mom died if she was such a good person. And her mom told her that they were all just waiting and there was this realllly long line of people and they were all waiting as one by one they got to talk to the person at the front of it all and pass through. 
But she said that she never saw who was at the front of the line, who they were talking to...
And she had that dream twice. So I thought that was pretty neat.
Mièrcoles: I have an 85 year old guiper. (someone who has a crush) He said that I have a really nice body. Not creepy at all. 
But we have this other investigator that's really old too but he's adorable and his hair is super white and he just smiles all the time and has the cutest dimples. And today he told us okay after 5 months of recieving the missionaries I think it's time to get baptized. And I feel like nobody believes him but I do!
Jueves; We went to this neighborhood called casa nava but everyone calls it casanova. We talked to a family there and they said that they were the only members in their neighborhood and that the missionaries have been visiting for 7 years and havent baptized anybody. Yay!
New goal is to baptize someone in that neighborhood
Viernes: ¨Es una cosa seria de vivir en una sociedad de posibles dioses y diosas..No hay gente comùn. Usted nunca ha hallado con un simple mortal.¨ -("“It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses ....There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal.")       C.S.Lewis

We had a multi zone conference today! This was different from the other meetings because I didnt have to wake up at 4 freaking o clock in the morning to catch a bus out of the pueblito de Morazán.
Just had to catch a Rapidito and in like 10 minutes we were there. But I feel like it kind of makes it less of an event.
Part of one of the activities we did I had to ask an Elder to say the names of all four of his grandparents. And he was having difficulty so I was like Jose maybe? Jokingly but he was like yeah that's one of them #typicallatinonames
Sàbado: Wooohooo happy anniversary yo my fav couple Elise and Leo Silva
One of our investigators, Jose, is addicted to coffee. He drinks at least three cups a day. So when we taught him that it's not healthy for him physically or spiritually to be addicted to something he said that he would stop, but poco a poco...
But just the other day he said I haven't had coffee in three days. I tried to have a little bit but it made me feel sick.
 It's a little thing but it's an awesome thing for me.
Domingo: Today I was reading the Liahona magazine with all the conference talks and I wrote down in my study journal just all of the testimonies at the end of every talk, it was like a testimony meeting on steroids and it was really cool to see the faith of such spiritual giants all condensed like that.
The church is true and the work is hard but it's worth it
love you! 

My photos arent loading on dropbox...

No comments:

Post a Comment