Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Cartoons & Pancakes

                                                                                                                                                   29 June 2015
Lunes: we went on splits with some other hermanas and I was with the a boliviana but she had a different accent because she was from la paz instead of cochabamba like my other companion. I was nervous because I'm still not too familiar with my area and even worse when it's dark but it went okay.
That night there was 8 hermanas in total in our tiny apartment. Because we're close to the church building where they have all the mission activities, we get to be the hotel for all the missionaries that have to travel a long time.
Martes:  You know I would be perfectly fine with mosquitos taking lil sips of my blood but the itchy poison that they leave in return is completely unnecessary and frankly quite rude.
Oh and my first district meeting with my new district. 
We had an lesson with a mom and a daughter from two different religions talking at the same time and my companion already had a bad headache so it really didnt help at all with their differing and unfounded ideas.
Miércoles: We had 7 lessons today even though my companion still had a really bad headache all day :/ 
We visited an abuelita with the mouth of a sailor. 
We also went contactiong and I noticed that I'm getting to be kind of pushy haha.
After lunch and language we visited my 85 year old "guider" Miguel and he said he'll only get baptized if ¨lo haga la gringa¨ I was like okay lets do this! 
But we might have to break up with him, he's not progressing.
Jueves: At lunch at a member's house we learned the history of gang activity in our area and how there's hardly any gangsters left because this one family had enough and started killing off all of them and there was like this gang family war and that's why there's hardly any more gang activity in La Paz!
Viernes: Service project. We mowed a lawn. Well, we chopped it. With machetes. It was a huge lawn but the work was super fast with so many elders, we have a ton of elders in our zone. 
After that it was just a really frustrating and disappointing day that I'd rather not revisit mentally.

Sàbado: We started out the day right with a healthy bowl of tracting in the neighborhood that gives me the creeps because it's like an eerie 50`s movie set with cookie cutter houses in bright colors and wide, strangely clean streets. 
And nobody outside.
So we were going house to house and not having much luck and wishing that we could be inside watching saturday cartoons and eating pancakes as well. We get to this one house and we're calling ¨BUENAS¨ and nobody is coming out and the neighbor's dog starts barking like mad and I'm like frick we are for sure not contacting that house and I see the owner and he ushered us inside but I thought it was just to get his dog to shut up. But turns out he's super friendly and he attended the church for a good while and LIKED IT, but didnt like that everyone pressured him so much to be baptized. But he was interested in what we had to say and wanted us to come back when his wife was home so that she could hear too. They've been married (yes actually married it's a miracle here) five years and have a little girl.
After we left the house I prayed and thanked God. I felt like He knew that I had a rough friday so He put us in the path of a kind person that gave us water and pens, which was a little unusual but hey I'm always losing my pens.
Domingo: The hermanas that lived downstairs called me so that I could take out the tarantula that was in their bathroom. So I grabbed it in an inside out plastic bag but I forgot to take a picture! it was a real life tarantula furry legs and everything like I've never seen one of those in the wild before hahha.
Church was good, a family that we've been inviting forever finally came!

Sop de Heiba
Lunes: I played volleyball with the elders and then we had sopa de heiba? idk I took pictures. But it was really good! The crab barely had any meat I think it's just there for looks.
This week there was many tender mercies but I've only shared a couple here....
But I testify of the fact that if we look for the Lord's hand in our lives, we will find it. 
Cuidase mucho te quiero mucho y ya

No comments:

Post a Comment