Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Avacado Pancakes?


Lunes:  We finally got permission to go to Progreso (like 20 min away) but our district leader had to talk to the zone leaders and they had to talk to the assistants of the president and my companion was like why don't they just call up President Monson as well and see if it's okay.
We went there so my companion could get an eye exam and then we "popped some tags" and thrift shopping is crazy here like there's these huge bins and un barbaridad de gente and every so often one of the workers comes out with a bucket of clothes that they took from the back and they start throwing the clothes and everyones like pushing and fighting for the clothes that they're tossing in the air. Hermana Hernandez and I were just like... wut. And they aren't even new! All the clothes are second hand.
Afterwards we went and got Wendy's

Martes: This day we worked. And it was the Tuesday before transfers. Like I've never done that before, usually we're running around in despedidas. (Farewell parties)
But we did have one in the evening. I tried pigs feet for the first time! I was confused because I didn't know what part I should eat, it all looked like fat, I couldnt find the meat. Hermana Mendoza and Elder Marin were leaving so we smashed empty eggs on their heads. 


Miércoles: ¨Si Dios me hubiese mandado hacer todas las cosas, yo podría hacerlas.¨ 1Nefi 17:50
"And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them."
¨Years ago, one of our sons asked me why it wasn`t a good idea to try alcohol or tobacco to see what they were like.. I replied that if he wanted to try something out, he ought to go to a barnyard and eat a little manure.
He recoiled in horror. 'ooh, that`s gross.' he reacted
'I'm glad you think so,' I said, 'but why don't you just try it out so you will know for yourself?' 
'while you're proposing to try one thing that you know is not good for you, why don't you apply that principle to some others?¨ Elder Dallin H. Oaks is a boss.
I think I might be getting a cavity. Today was transfers but nothing changed for me. My companion and I are getting along well but I still feel like I disappoint her sometimes. Like I know we're supposed to be equal in this companionship but I'm pretty sure she's doing more work than I do still. Oops. 
When we were contacting we found the owner of the big ol bus that we washed at the car wash and he and his friend were really friendly. Turns out that the both of them are bus drivers and they've been contracted various times by the church here for different activities and when I asked them what they knew about the church one of them said I'm not going to talk about what I've heard from other people, but I'll tell you what I've seen. These Mormons are punctual, respectful, and they mean what they say. And later on in the lesson my comp asked if they had ever asked themselves why they worked so much with the church and the missionaries. And they just sat there thinking and the friend was like now that I think about it, it's been for a reason. 

Jueves: So I made avocado pancakes...they didn't turn out so good but I feel like I got something going there, like it's something that I could eventually fine tune. 
We're in the cosecha of avocados, before it was an abundance of mangos but now it's avacados. So now people just keep giving us avocados and they keep going bad because we cant eat them fast enough. But it's a good problem to have if you ask me. 
Viernes: When we entered Villa Esther the guard there shook my hand but then leaned in for a kiss and I was just paralyzed there like ahhhhh it was this big stubbly man face and he kissed me on the cheek. It was awk. 
He tried to kiss my companion too but she was quicker than I was and said that she was sweaty so dont kiss her. 
Sábado:
We have sinned. We have broken the wise words of wisdom. No but really someone gave us iced tea today and we drank it. Like I was so thirsty and it was so hot I didn't even notice until I was like half way done and I think, you know, this tastes a lot like tea.
Domingo: I wore my birthday dress to church and my birthday shoes! 
I had to change them afterwards though, they were giving me blisters. 
We had hamburgers and french fries for lunch. I feel like honduras should just give up with the hamburgers already. They're good but.....
We had two little families come to church and we were so happy to see them!

It's been a really good week, we've been teaching so much and finding new people I haven't hardly had any time to write.


Oh and it's my birthday tomorrow! I'll be 20 so I guess I won't have all this teen angst anymore. 
It'll be different than all my other birthdays because right now I'm giving all my time and energy to other people, and it feels so much more fulfilling like that :)
love you!     Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment