Tuesday, July 21, 2015

BLOGITO

                                                                                                                                 20 JULY 2015
Lunes: ¨The size of your faith or the degree of your knowledge is not the issue -- it is the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth you already know.¨

¨This life is the time to prepare to meet God. We are a happy, joyous people. We appreciate a good sense of humor and treasure unstructured time with friends and family. But we need to recognize that there is a seriousness of purpose that must undergird our approach to life and all our choices.¨Quentin L. Cook
We watched 'Meet the Mormons' and 'Suits on the Loose' with some of the other hermanas in the zone. 

Martes: District meeting. I taught the English class and made everyone do 'head-shoulders-knees-and-toes'. 



Miercoles: Hey, I just realized (due to a question in my spanish grammar textbook) that a year ago today I recieved my mission call. But now that I think about it that's just the assignment date I got no idea what day I actually recieved/opened it. Oh well.
We did divisions today but it's different here because in Morazán everyone was in the same area but today my companion left for Progreso (15min away) and the training leader stayed here with me. But like everytime that we do divisions, every appointment fell. It was peachy though we just did some tracting instead. 




Jueves: We were walking down the street and this truck stops and gives us a bag of these little branches and little fruits. Apparently they're called 'momones' and I took a picture so you can meet the momones. They have like this green hard shell and then you peel it and it's this white little fruit and they're pretty tasty. But there's hardly any comida to it. Its like the sun flower seeds of fruit. 


Viernes: 1 Nefi 5:20 ¨Y sucediò que hasta este punto mi padre y yo habíamos guardado los mandamientos que el señor nos había mandado.¨

Met a lady with a fake leg and I played with her pet cat. She told us about how her 16 year old son got shot and killed last year. But she says she doesn't feel too sad because she knows that he had a good life and that she had always taken good care of him. She showed us his picture and it was just so sad because I've talked to so many moms that are so concerned about their teenage sons because it's hard to keep them out of the gangs. 

Sàbado: We had a super contacto all the way out in Santiago. We had to leave the mission boundaries to get there and after we were all gathered together we divided and conquered. 
We talked to this one lady and invited her church and she was like "I can't go I stubbed my toe today so there's no way I'm going to be able to make it." Uh huh. 

For lunch we had fried chicken, rice, and this potato salad with avocado and beans and tortillas. 
In the evening we had a dinner with the former bishop and all the missionaries and there was this salsa called chimichurry and it was on the grilled chicken and it smelled juuuuust like what we would put on the french bread when we bbq at home and it made me kind of homesick haha like it's crazy how easily smells blast you back home. 

Domingo: This family that we've been working with came to church! And they stayed the whole time! They have this little girl that is so so so precious and cute and she was running around in the sunday school class and ran into the corner of the table! And the whole room gasped and held their breath but she didnt even cry! 
It was all good.
We went to a bbq after church, carne asada, chorizo asado, frijoles, queso, aguacate, tortillas y fresco de sandia. It was suuuuper good. 
Annd yeah I'm out of time so love you mommy byeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment