Tuesday, July 14, 2015

CarWash Gratis

Wendys


Lunes: I was reading about the church members that traveled miles and miles across the plains on foot with no more supplies or protection than a handcart company provided. And this quote was very interesting to me...
 ¨I was in that company and my wife was in it... we suffered beyond anything you can imagine and many died of exposure and starvation, but did you ever hear a survivor of that company utter a word of criticism? 
We came through with the absolute knowledge that God lives for we became acquainted with him in our extremities...
The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privelege to pay.¨
Is that the way that we usually look at our trials?
For pday we had a ¨bbq¨ with ¨hotdogs¨ and poor Elder Curtis was sick with Dengue but still made a cake. 
Martes: Zone meeting 
Miércoles: Medical care in Hondy me llega. We had to go get an x-ray and it was just 300 lempiras and a zap and we dipped. Like no waiting at all and no messy medical insurance.

Jueves: Remember the part in the Bible about Martha serving everyone and Mary is just sitting there and Martha is like ummmm excuse me master can you tell Mary to get up and help me or something? Well I never really thought too much of it just like okay we learn from this that we should chill and that spiritual things are important. But I liked this quote ¨Martha´s primary mistake on this occasion seems to have been focusing on herself - even as she was serving others. It is not enough to simply serve the Lord and our fellow men. We must learn to lose ourselves in the process of serving and seek the Lord's will to guide our desires and motives as well as our actions¨
We were in the city for doctors appointments and we went to a real live mall and ate in a real food court and there were so many options for food but my companion wanted Wendy's and I didn't want to stress her out by ordering from somewhere else since it was pretty crowded. But dang it they had a Zara and I wanted to
go shopping SO bad.

Sábado: We did a carwash as a way to meet new people to teach! 
We only ended up with six references at the end of it all and every single one of them was in our area #score
Oh and we washed like a huge school bus and took people for tours of the chapel while they were getting their cars washed. 
I think it was a good idea. A lot of people have seen our church building but have never been inside and I'm pretty sure it's the prettiest building in existence here in La Lima.
  All empty!

Domingo: That Hondy moment when you don't have enough purified water to take your vitamins. I had to go borrow from the neighbors.
But today I heard news! Morazan, my last area, is finally becoming a branch! Like an official congregation! It's been years in the making but I'm so proud of all the people in that pueblo and all of the growth that they've had.
I always hoped that I would be able to see the day that they would become a legit Branch of the church but at least I got to hear about it while I was still in the mission :)

No comments:

Post a Comment