Monday, January 18, 2016

"if ye love me, read my blog"

Martes 12 de Enero:
Well we have a DVD player now so we're chilling listening to 'Cumorah's Hill'. I wish I had other music...
The time went by super fast today, we were running from falling appointment to other falling appointment.
It kinda sucked tbh. 
At dinner the people at the table next to us were leaving and the guy tells me, "your spanish is really good, you have a good accent" I really needed to hear that!
I've been fasting and praying for help with Spanish and then I get hna Dardón and she's like Cipriano helping me figure out where in my mouth I need to form the sounds. 
Thank you Jesús! 
Also we had our first district meeting and I gave my first capacitación (training session) and I realized I was like the oldest (time wise) WHAAAAT??!

Miercoles: "He aquí, él creó a Adán, y por Adán vino la caída del hombre, y por causa de la caída del hombre, vino Jesucristo, sí, el padre y el Hijo, y a causa de Jesucristo vino la redención del hombre" Mormón #claridad
translation:  “Behold, he created Adam, and by Adam came the fall of man. And because of the fall of man came Jesus Christ, even the Father and the Son; and because of Jesus Christ came the redemption of man.” Mormon 9:12


This was like the third time we've gone to look for a reference that we recieved but instead of talking to the creepy guy rubbing his belly button that's usually there, we got to talk to an illiterate mother of 6, she's gone to our church a couple of times but is baptized in a different church because it's "closer to her house"

We went back to the apartment and my sous chef and I made lunch, just potatos, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions chopped up and cooked in a little bit of oil (I put in a little too much actually #catracha) it took longer than I expected to chop everything and even longer for it all to cook nicely and we had beans on the side for proteins sake and two slices of whole wheat bread. 
Sometimes I get a little annoyed that she's been asking what we're making for lunch every day so far but I hope that eventually she'll have ideas and contribute but for now I'm getting practice being a mom cleaning up after her and cooking for her haha.

Oh and frick our mission president showed up out of nowhere and took my companion and I to dinner at Hotel Maya Vista, its up on this tiny hill but the view is breathtaking. And he absolutely spoiled us! We ordered appetizers and entrees and climbed up to the tippy top while we were waiting for the food. First of all they started us with bread like a normal restaurant and the brucheta that we ordered and then came the shrimp in curry (salads first obvi) long story short it was realllly tasty. The fresh watermelon juice that I ordered had lime juice on the side in a shot glass #appearanceofevil
But seriously it was SO nice and SO relaxing and I just looked out over the ledge and breathed in and thought about how much I loved my companion and how much I loved my mission president and how much I would've missed out on if I hadn't come back.

Jueves: 
"porque has visto tu debilidad, serás fortalecido, aun hasta sentarte en el lugar que he preparado en las mansiones de mi Padre." Ëter 12:37
Translation: Ether 12:37 “because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.”

I followed a prompting from the spirit today! We passed by this blue house on our own street where we live and I was like no, we have to go back and talk to them, and yeah the missionaries visited their mom before but we met her daughters who are basically our age and I was so nervous my spanish was terrible but I think they want us to come tuesdays and thursdays everyweek! Which is sick!

I finished the Book of Mormon in spanish for the fourth time today!  
The Lord really is so merciful and patient with us and with our shortcomings. No huge impressions or anything on finishing it, just a peaceful understanding that it really is the word of God.

Viernes: I just realized that I could hypothetically open up probably the first tattoo parlor in Honduras. Just saying. They dont have any here.
Also, one of our neighbors was setting off fireworks at 7:00 am. Who does that?????

Sábado: We had interviews with the president and it always leaves me with a ton to think about. He gave me my death date though, August 4th. He said it was really difficult to think of us going home after him because "they're mine" so I'll be having two mission presidents. It's sad to think about so I don't. 

Domingo: I know I probably won't be thinking this by March but right now I feel like I wouldn't mind having 3 transfers with Dardón here in Tela. 
Today at church nobody we invited came. Until we were all in sunday school and then this guy shows up that we barely contacted and just in passing invited him to church. You really never know!

Hoy:
Today was rainy and cloudy and it made me miss the central coast! 
We went to get tacos with the elders from tela mar. One of them studied medicine for five years before deciding to go on a mission. Its interesting to hear about the opportunities people pass up to come here. 
okay so thats the update.
Love you mommy, and to everyone else "if ye love me, read my blog"

adioooooooooos

No comments:

Post a Comment