Tuesday, January 26, 2016

#notsogenius

Miercoles: Conferencia Mundial de misioneros.
the first one in more than a decade. It was really good. We learned a lot. I particularly enjoyed when elder Bednar told us to not get in the way of missionary work. And also to not let our obedience be a barrier to our teaching. 
I still don't really get why we had this conference all of a sudden. But it was nice.
And Hermana Haight, Elder Crosgrove, Glines and I were all in the same place! That hasn't happened since april of last year I think...

Jueves: "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may become the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?" Matthew 5:44-46

This morning I thought something was weird/different about the kitchen counter and then I realized it's because there weren't any ants on it.

Today felt weird. Maybe because Elder Andrew from our district went home today for his back so we were unknowingly in mourning.
Idk if it was all the appointments falling or what. I was super excited to meet with this lady named Dinora but we ended up getting there like a half hour late. But it's because this señora was asking our advice. And when we got to her house at first she regañoed us for not showing up for our appt Tuesday (we were traveling from progreso!) >Yeah so she was not happy with us. But she felt so bad that she hadn't read, which was refreshing because most people dont think too much about keeping the commitments they make to read or come to church.

Viernes: "Behold, he that hath eternal life is rich"
"No hablé paz a tu mente en cuanto al asunto? 
¿Qué mayor testimonio puedes tener que de Dios?" D&C 6:23
translation: 
"Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?"

On a completely unrelated note; I really miss listening to the "1975"
Another unrelated note, my tuna salad sandwiches have evolved to a whole new level. As in I put chili lime flavored peanuts in and also leftover chili (pickled onions, carrots, and jalapeños) I told my comp that I'm a genius and she agrees. 

Okay so now its 8:30pm and I'm making soup for our lunch tomorrow but the jalapeños that I put in were super strong so now our noses are running just from the smell #notsogenius Also right now it's a vegetarian taco soup; Chloe Reid would be so proud.

Today felt soooooo long, just like an extension of yesterday or something.
Highlight of the day: when we got coconut topogigios, even though I almost choked and died on the flakes of coconut while this guy basically contacted US on the street. He taught me how to say beautiful woman in mesquito, "maere pankira" which is like a dialect of the black people here. That and Garifuna but I want to learn those languages too that would be so cool and then we could get some Books of Mormon going in that language too. 

Sábado:
So I didn't know that the angel that appeared to Zacharias in the temple to tell him about baby John the baptist was Elijah. But I guess it makes sense bc John was filled with the spirit of Elijah.

We asked this guy if he'd like to read the Book of Mormon because he kept going on about how important it was to read "the word" and he was like nah i dont understand the letters right now. So you cant read? no I just dont really understand the letters. 
what.

We waited all morning in the house for this guy to come and fix the bathroom door in the apt because it doesn't really close and you can imagine how that would be a lil awk. So we chilled playing Uno and drinking hot chocolate because its been cold lately! Shout out to my aunts for sending it, perfect timing! I added cinnamon and it was super tasty. 

Then later for lunch we had the taco soup I made last night and even though there was no beef I think it turned out bomb. And perf too for the weather.
I love it. I didn't sweat at all outside today. Not once! 



Domingo: "su llamamiento le da autoridad: el guardar los convenios le da poder"
Last night was so cold I slept in a hoodie, my thickest sweats, and the long socks my aunts sent me, and wrapped myself up in my fitted sheet.

Today they're organizing a new stake! We're watching it in Tela so the audio isn't the best. I'm not sure what the name of our stake is....
I didnt catch the name of the new stake president either....

We had a lesson with Marci in the evening, she was baptized very young but hasn't gone to church in ages. We can tell that she wants her children to go to church though because it's best to raise children in gospel principles. 
I felt the spirit testifying of what my companion told her though it was a short but powerful lesson. We shared Helaman 5:12 and told her that no matter what direction the world tempts her to go, she should fight to build upon the teacings of Christ, because he is our rock. 
Helaman 5:12 
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Fun fact of the week, calves, like that part of your leg? Some people in latin america call them camotes, which means sweet potatoes.
My sweet potatoes are sore. 

Love you mommyyyyyy have a good week 

No comments:

Post a Comment