Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Joy!

"Joy (in my sense) has indeed one characteristic, and one only, in common with [happiness and pleasure]; the fact that anyone who has experienced it will want it again. 
I doubt whether anyone who has tasted it would ever, if  both were in his power, exchange it for all the pleasure in the world; But then joy is never in our power and pleasure often is."

Martes 26 de Enero 2016
The zone leaders came and visited us and so I got to talk to Wilks! We were sitting on the floor and I noticed that my legs are probably the 46th most disgusting things on the planet with a ton of mosquito bites because we didn't have enough money to buy repellent. 
we love coconut water!

Miércoles 27 de Enero 2016
We repped the LDS church in a little service project in the morning, I think I mentioned that we ran into Rafael, a guy we contacted a while ago and tried to teach but it didn't quite work out and he told us about the group that he's in charge of a group that goes around service. We went to go clean out the classrooms in the elementary school by our house and some minor gardening was done as well.
It was funny because I was pulling weeds out of the planter and my comp was like why are you picking those out it's just "monte" , that's normal. I just told her that where I come from, all weeds are bad so we try to get rid of them. #mymommytaughtmegood

Also, we literally only worked for an hour and they decided to send someone for soda and snacks. #catrachos we left early to catch a bus to Ceiba, where we did companion exchanges.  I learned a lot, so maybe that makes up for losing a day of work in our area. I feel like the people in their area are wayyy nicer.

Jueves 28 de Enero 2016
Struggle bus. It was raining on us and we couldn't find the bus stop and then we couldn't find the right bus and we ended up having to take a super expensive bus and we finally got home, soaking wet, a little before 11 and we still had to do weekly planning and I still hate it with a passion but I just kept telling myself that I only have to do it 27 more times and then I'll be free for life.
We went contacting, after a delicious lunch of that taco soup I made last week. And I swear there are parts of our area that are absolutely breathtaking. One, because it's gorgeous and you can see the hills and the curvature of the coastline, and B because the hike literally leaves us breathless. We met this lady named Diana that lives in Campo Hervir and she hikes up and down to go to work every day and it's like 45 minutes of straight up walking. We found out through Golpeando a few puertas that the JW's have absolutely combed over this area.
We even met a señor that was baptized in our church but is now a Jehova's Witness. It was cray.

Viernes 29 de Enero 2016
D&C 59 Fasting= rejoicing
"...do these things with thanksiving, with cheerful hearts and countenances, not with much laughter, for this is sin, but with a glad heart and a cheerful countenance"
As Kendric Lamar once said, I am a sinner, who's probably gonna sin again Lord forgive the things I dont understand

We had 7 lessons today. I know that's not much in this mission but it's a ton for me since I've been back. It's because we've been hiking up and contacting in this part of our area that's absolutely gorgeous, idec that the JWs burned the area, I love it and I like contacting there.

That evening we went to go to visit hermana Soto for the first time adn we get there and there's a TON of people, and they all gathered together and sat down to listen to "the lesson" and Dardón and I were like freaaaaaak what do we do we aren't used to people paying attention to us. We had planned to talk directly with the señora but we ended up having a FHE but it was great and I have faith that we can get them all active. We got home late like 8:45 I felt like an elder today. 

Sábado: 
Was not killin it today. And it's because we stayed in the house and waited for the guy to come fix the door again. 
Dulce's grandma told us to go away and never come back.
We met a guy super nice, that used to be an active member in San Pedro but later came to Tela and saw that it was a hot mess here and decided that the church isn't true anymore, it was super sad and I really don't blame him it's a mess. That's why we need people like him, that are smart and can read, to make the church the way it should be. 

Domingo:
"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great" D&C 64:33
None of the primary teachers came to church today so they put us in charge but it was actually pretty fun. I liked it more than Relief Society is that bad?

Pdayyy: today we went to a botanical garden today i took a ton of pictures !!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment