Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Valentines Kiss!

                                                                                                                                          




15 February 2016
Martes:
I haven't been writing things that same day lately because we keep getting home so late and I'm so tired that all I want to do is sleep. I was thinking about how with my other companion we spent a lot more time in the house and it was rare if I survived the day without taking a nap after lunch. But no we're working hard, and I know that if we're constant, we will be blessed with success. 

We contacted this Catholic lady that was very short with us and she seemed a little mad. She was washing clothes outside so I asked her if we could help and she said "no!" and I reacted like oh frick, that woked her up a little bit I think and reminded her that we're real people and even though we're used to people treating us unkindly it doesn't mean that we enjoy it. We ended up talking for a long time and explaining our beliefs to each other and even though it started with her being annoyed, it ended with her smiling and giving us big hugs and blessing us with the spirit of the Virgin Mary or something.

Giovanni thought we weren't going to come because it was cold and the power went out, but we taught the lesson with a big ol' flashlight like bosses and he was impressed, wanted to buy a Book of Mormon, and invited us over for lunch on Saturday

Miércoles: 
"leave judgement alone with me, for it is mine, and I will repay" D&C 82:23
I'm basically broke but I bought bread from this one dude so that we could talk to him. Turns out he doesn't live in our area. He also gave us two really gross bananas and he said that those nasty bananas were his lunch and I was like aw that's sad...

Jueves: 
We just had empanadas filled with cheese and ham for dinner it was so fattening but so good, like everything here. 
We only had 5 lessons today, we'll work harder tomorrow, I know it...

Viernes: 
We talked to a dude from Israel today! He speaks like 50000 languages and basically explained to US why the Book of Mormon makes perfect sense. He also told us to preach with authority and with power, that this life is the only opportunity to accept this message and that it wasn't a coincidence that we ran into him today. This crazy artisan Hebrew with conrows and beads to boot. 

Hermana Dardón just made this flan with cranberries and cinnamon basically, it's the bessst, she says it's called man jar?
 I love companions that cook.

Sábado:

"That which is governed by law is also perserved by law and perfected and sanctified by the same." D&C 88:34
10:10 pm, we just finished planning, im too tired to write.
It rained all day. One might think, okay, so it rained the whole day and? Well imagine wet feet and wetter shoes for 9 hours. We were walking around a ton and having appointments fall and even doors slammed in our faces and I stopped myself for a second because I realized that I was grinning and laughing while stomping through puddles that could easily be crossed in a canoe as well. Why am I so happy?? This is absolutely miserable, we haven't been completely dry all we week and we can't wash clothes because they'll never dry outsied and even though there's water everywhere this week, in the apartment there isn't.
But it was a good day! We ended up going to a wedding!
We had some good lessons too, and idk, we're happy.

Domingo: 

Valentine's day! I was surprise assigned to give the class and it turned out fine. A little girl gave me a hershey's kiss. And I thought I wasn't going to get a kiss this valentine's day haha. 

okay well I'm out of time but I love you mommy and send trailmix and questbars when you can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment