Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Worth of Souls

Martes 2:
Elder Lucer says that I'm such a princess yet summons us to the barber shop at 8:30 in the morning so that I can help his companion with his English exam while he sits on his little throne getting a trim. The district meeting was a hot mess. Then we went and got pizza and finished grading the english mondules. This elder completed all 24 modules of english required by the mission but still wouldn't go say hi to the gringo tourists sitting at the table next to us.
Talk about ironic. But he will get a certificate at the end of his mission that says he's bilingual so that he can get a better paying job. 

Miercoles 3:
We had a training meeting.

Jueves 4 :
Did a killer workout this morning and when I got dressed I ripped the shoulder on my shirt. Coincidence? I think not #swole #myshirtisrippedtho
After planning today everything went slow. I was glad we got to see Yolanda and sweep up the house for her at least. She has a ton of health problems and recently caught the chinkungunya on top of that and girl I've been there. 

Catholics always say that it's bad to visit other churches. We contacted this lady and she said she'd let us pass by, but she could never go visit a different church and I was like yeah totally because God would get mad right? she wholeheartedly agreed. Makes no sense. 

The ray of sunshine was meeting Giovanni around 8:30 pm. He was very friendly and told us quite frankly that he was glad we stopped by because he was feeling a bit down and needed someone to talk to, but he was surprised at the same time because JW's and others usually only pass by in the early afternoon. And that it was a little weird because Dardón suggested we contact the house, and she's not usually so forward. 
It was a nice spiritual chat and I hope he progresses.
I realized that I need to focus on what each person needs when I conctact. Too often I'm just looking for people to be what I want them to be, which is a good investigator that reads the scriptures and does what I tell them to. But that isn't focusing on their needs, I'm here to help them not to get good numbers in my planner. 

Viernes 5:
"ya que todos tenemos que llevar alguna carga y soportar algún yugo,¿por qué no dejan que sea el mío? Les hago la promesa de que mi yugo es facíl y ligera mi carga" Howard W Hunter
Translation:
“As long as we all must bear some burden and shoulder some yoke, why not let it be mine? My promise to you is that my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Howard W. Hunter (See Matt. 11:28–30.)

We were just walking down the street today and de repente the thought came to my head, this is probably the happiest I've ever been in the mission. LIke, ever. 
I never want another companion. I never want a different area. I just want to work.
I know transfers will happen eventually but I'm happy for now.
We did a service project today! Painting the railings in front of a house this awful green color. And we cleaned out this cannal by the house with these long pitch fork things. ANd well things got a little crazy and mine broke. #oops But I love mindless work. my shoes got all muddy and we got rained on but I enjoyed it. 
Afterwards we walked over to this member's house because Elder Lucero said that he had coconuts that he wanted to give us. We get there and the member says that he also wants us to give a lesson. >So my comp and I did so, since we were the only ones with Books of Mormon #fletch #siempreenmano
it was good tho, and afterwards he gave us coconuts and they had a TON of water and coconut meat inside #delish #locoforcoco

Sabado 6:
"El valor de las almas: Todos los seres humanos son hijos espirituales de Dios, quien se interesa en cada uno de ellos y considera importante a cada uno. Por ser sus hijos, tienen el potencial de llegar a ser como Él. Por consiquiente, grande es el valor de ellos."
Translation: Worth of souls
“All persons are spirit children of God. He cares about each of his children and considers each one important. Because they are his children, they have the potential to become like him. Therefore, they are of great worth.”

Today was a trial. Right now we just got home from a lesson with Dinora and its 10pm. It did not go at all how I had hoped. I told Dardón that the Lord is trying our patience to see if we'll still work hard even with every single (except two) appointment falling through.

Domingo 7:
Morning: I think it's been pouring rain since last night and today we're supposed to hike up into the mountains to visit Diana. #mudmudmud

I feel like we need to find a way to help out this branch of the church here in Tela. It's so disorganized. Nobody seems to know what they're doing.

Afternoon: a branch from a good tree was just inserted here in Tela! At first I thought they were just visiting but no, a family from Tegucigalpa just moved here! They're from a small part and the congregation that they left had an attendance of 300. But they said that starting out, it was only 30 or 40. Like the dad of the family got up and macheted all of us from the pulpit, but if they can help us improve, está bien. This is literally such a blessing for the church here frick! 

Transfers are coming up and I hope that I don't get taken out of here, I can feel things turning around and I want to be here to help 

I want to make these last six months count, you know, sprint to the finish haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment