Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Attitude is everything. Pick a good one"


Lunes 15 de febrero:
P-dayyyyy I texted Elder Martinez asking if they at least wanted to get lunch today or something and he just said "quienes mas van a ir" "no sé, tampoco sé donde #wendys" "pero solo hay Wendys in progreso"  -_- dont try # joking with Bolivians, they won't get it.
in the end he said no, and in the end we didn't end up getting our allowance today so I just had a sugar free drink and taqueritos for lunch while we were chilling at the internet.

We had a family home evening as a branch and Ariel, the son of the branch president, opened his mission call, he's going to Chile! The moment right before he opened it reminded me of when I opened my own mission call 20 months ago hahah.
Martes: 
"ye are commanded to be perfect*, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48
*complete, finished, fully developed
"ye are not able to abide the presence of God now, neither the ministering of angels: wherefore, continue in patience until ye are perfected"


We played a guessing game with movies and their descriptions in english for the english class and it turned out great even though I really am too competitive. 
I yell. a little bit.

Miércoles: 
"Y por cuanto no todos tienen fe, buscad diligentemente y enseñaos el uno al otro palabras de sabiduría: sí, buscad palabras de sabiduría de los mejores libros: buscad conocimiento, tanto por el estudio como por la fe" d/c 88:118
Translation:
"And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning even by study and also by faith." Doctrine & Covenants 88:118

Today was not my day. I did not kill it, we only had 5 lessons and the one person we contacted was this kid Nelson that we only contacted because I was following this random trail in the hill side and suddenly we were right up to the door of this house so of course we contacted it.
But when we went grocery shopping we bought cereal! Our cupboard looks like the cupboard that a normal family would have in their house.
And our fridge has hummus in it! I already chopped up some celery and I'm going to tackle a carrot too. its a stuggle with no vegetable peeler.
Jueves:
Doctrine & Covenants 90:24
We have a lesson with Giovanni today and I'm going to figure out a way to explain that a church needs to have authority.....
Pretty sure Giovanni still doesn't understand authority, he thinks his sister is a prophetess...but he gave us oranges before we left!
And he asked what chapter of the Book of Mormon he should read before our next visit. Slowly but surely amiright?




Viernes:
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones" Proverbs 17:22
"attitude is everything. Pick a good one."
We were chilling in the apartment when all of a sudden the elders call asking if our smoke detectors worked and I was like ahhhh do we even have smoke detectors?
we dont.
Ooooo and today was the day that we met pasteles de coco. I am absolutely in love. The most delicious baked good to ever be invented. Bonus I made puppy eyes at the garifuna and she sold me the bag for 25 lps instead of 40 #winning #loco4coco I'm bringing home a suitcase filled with pasteles de coco don't worry.

Sábado:
Doctrine & Covenants 93 read it?
For lunch i was making a green salad and Dardón was making a potato salad. I opened the bag of what I thought was going to be spinach. It was not spinach. tbh i have no idea what it was, basically some kind of leafy plant. we ate it in the salad anyways.
We were contacting in the rain today which was good because more people felt sorry for us and let us in.

Domingo:
Doctrine & Covenants 95:12
My companion gave her first talk in the mission! it was great.
A member is visiting from Georgia and she'll be here for a year and the best part is that she wants to feed us! Okay yay. 
We were talking about asking for divine help in church and the hermana givin the class asked for experiences that we wanted to share and I was thinking about how the Lord blessed me with peace and comfort after leaving the mission and coming back and I was like okay maybe I'll share that and then Hermana Castillo was like well last week I was in San Pedro with my daughters and men broke in to the apartment and stuck a gun to my head and told us to take off our clothes and I was praying to God that He would help us and then the men heard something outside, got frightened, and left. 
And I was just like yeah... it's true that we shouldn't compare ourselves to others, but I realized that every single one of theses ladies have gone through so much more than I will ever have to go through, but I get this opportunity right now in this brief time to learn from them.
We hiked up to see Kenya and Edgardo today, they live in a little house that is just like a little cabin, but more than half of it is hanging off of the edge of the mountainside! 
They have an amazing view though. Especially from the window above the kitchen sink, I told kenya I wouldn't mind washing dishes all day with a view like that.
So this was the week! It had its ups and downs but i've never been happier in my mission and with the work that we've been doing. God loves us, we just need to let him bless us. 
Love you mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment