Monday, December 22, 2014

!Buenaaaas!

so this week...
Lunes: I watched 3 muchachas struggle for 10 minutes in the store trying to get a shirt down that I could have easily reached. It wasn't until right before they got it down did I realize that I probably should have helped. Basically, almost everyone is short here. It's adorable

Martes: I watched an investigator pick lint out of his belly button. A lady thought I was from Australia #Iwish 

MiĆ©rcoles: We painted Hna Ana Rosa's house basically lime green. #latinamerica She fed us lunch and you know you'd think that I would be eating a lot of spicy food here but Hondurans aren't really into that. Like literally I put hot sauce on everything when I was in Mexico but here, I use like a little bit and they're all woaaahh hermana le gusta chili??? And I was like...yeah. 

Thought I saw another white person while we were shopping, it was a mannequin. Also, some muchachito was like, "that's a big girl" about me in spanish and I just laughed like dude I'm riiight here, I can understand you.

Jueves: we left at 5 in the madrugada to Lima (not in Peru, in Honduras, silly) for a multi zone conference. It's basically where groups of missionaries from different parts of our mission get together and we just have a day where we listen to our Mission president and his wife talk and we get to share a little discurso and our testimonios. It was super bien! We talked about the Living Christ and it was so awesome being with all the other missionaries and I got to see Elder Glines from my district in the CCM so that was awesome as well. 

After the conf Hna Calpa and I took a couple of buses to Por Venir and we spent some time with the sisters there. okay so you guys keep telling me to talk about the things that are different before I get used to them. So the money exchange here, creo que it's 12 lempiras to a dollar. So when we went out to dinner with the hermanas in Por Venir, I had two meat-filled empenadas with all sorts of vegetables on top and a salsa for 20 lempiras. I knowwww right? 
But seriously guys I'm going to try not to come home fat, but if I do, just give me a couple months, don't make fun of me, and I promise I'll get back into shape. 

Oh and when we stayed with the sisters in Por Venir all four of us shared two beds que masiso! 

Viernes: we went to migraciĆ³n so that hna Calpa could renew her residency. It's way more humid in San Pedro Sula, I'm so glad I'm in Morazan because my face was melting off. We went to burger king so that was different. 

Sabado: we got a call in the morning and after Hna Calpa said "vamos a matar pollos!" and i was like que? So anyway we go to Hno Ody's and apparently he needs help killing his chickens. I didn't have to physically kill any of them thank goodness but I did get to pluck all the feathers and get blood, feathers, and chicken crap all over my falda so yayyy. 

Domingo:  was nice and we had so many kids come to church, Jesus really means it when he says he wants us to be like little children, they're so meek and willing to learn I love it. 

Today, we went on a hike with the elders and it was gorgeous and fun and I took a ton of pics. (mom and dad your homework is to go on my drop box and pick out pictures for my blog pretty pls) The power went out in Morazan so that's why we're writing a little later. Im excited to see my family in a couple of days!
Much love from morazan!

No comments:

Post a Comment